Supporter's Trust update and Forum

L_G

Time for our half yearly update meeting for members and their guests.  We will begin with discussing Trust business and will follow on quickly with our Football Forum.  Panelists yet to be confirmed, but I'm sure it will be a varied and interesting panel as always.

We will meet in the ICT Social Club at 7.30pm.

The panel for the football forum  is now known

Malky Thomson - ICT Assistant Manager

Alec Cleland - ICT Youth Coach

Stephen Kasiewicz - P&J's main man covering ICT

Dave McGinlay - ex-ICT and now with Touchline magazine

Should be an interesting evening.

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately Malky has had to go 'South' so Barry Wilson will take his place tomorrow night.  Thought being his testimonial season that was quite appropriate. 

Hope to see a few of you there.

There are quite a few people on here who don't seem to know much about the Supporter's Trust, so tomorrow is your chance to come and see what it's all about. 

It's open to members and their guests, so you can either join on arrival or come with a friend.

See you tomorrow

What does the supporters trust do?

How much is it to join?

Thanks, but I just don't know so I hope that you can tell me.

I am a member of the supporters club but wonder what the differences are.

What does the supporters trust do?

How much is it to join?

Thanks, but I just don't know so I hope that you can tell me.

I am a member of the supporters club but wonder what the differences are.

Morning us2.  Supporters Trust is ?10 for adults and ?5 for kids to join.  This buys you a share in the trust.  We currently have a shareholding withing the football club and also a voting right of 10%.  If we combine the above with some proxy votes, we can have quite a say in any major decisions within the football club.  We raise money through different events for a variety of different projects.  Some ICT based and some in the community.  We feel that the AGM is not enough for members, so we send out regular newsletters (hopefully more of these by e-mail soon) and have this half yearly meeting as a bit of an update.  The football forum which has now come to be expected encourages attendance at both the AGM and the update meeting we are having tonight.

We meet monthly with members of the football club board to discuss any issues or to hear what plans they have.  We try to give them a fans viewpoint where required.  Why not pop along tonight or are you coming to the bowling on Friday.  We try to do the bowling a couple of times a year and we have a good deal with Rollerbowl at ?5 for 2 games and this is open to everyone, members and non members.  Usually a good night and we hope to have some players along as we have done in previous nights, so social events are important to us too.

Hopefully this will give you some ideas to what the Trust does.  At the beginning I thought that the Supporter's Club and the Member's Club would have merged to make the Trust, but obviously the supporter's club members prefer to stay independent.  I think there is room for both as we seem to do different things, but it's a bit of a shame that many have 2 memberships to pay.  I didn't get around to renewing my supporter's club membership this year, which wasn't intentional, but as I have not been travelling to away games, I just didn't get around to it.  Usual priorities and shop discount applies to the both the Trust and the Club in exactly the same manner.

I hope I have answered some of your questions. A little more info at www.ictsupporterstrust.co.uk

A big thank you to our forum panel and especially Mike Smith who stood in at very short notice to replace Dave McGinlay who unfortunately couldn't make it and Barry who was called in over the weekend as a late substitute for Malky.  :021:  Thanks guys.  Also thanks to Steven from the P & J who fulfilled his committment and made a good contribution to the discussions.

Also well done to the Gringos for making up time and arriving in Inverness by 7pm despite some delays on the way.  Nice to see you.

Bowling on Friday night - 6.30 for 7pm and then we have a boxing night in the Drumossie Hotel on Saturday 7th June.  Tables of 10 are ?550.  This includes champagne on arrival, dinner and apporximately 8 - 10 bouts of boxing. North of Scotland v North of England.  Still a few tables left so spread the word and get in touch soon if you fancy a night out with a difference.

Then we can put our feet up until the beginning of the new season.