IF ICT folded........

SMEE

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Inverness City, only a matter of time until they'e in the SFL IMHO.

I know some lads that are planning running buses to City away games , would be like the Highland League days again :rotflmao: :thumb04: :018:

Eh???? I went to a City game at the start of the season and there was about 10-15 ppl watching! Cant see the need for a bus...other than getting the team there

Inverness City, only a matter of time until they'e in the SFL IMHO.

I know some lads that are planning running buses to City away games , would be like the Highland League days again :rotflmao: :thumb04: :018:

Eh???? I went to a City game at the start of the season and there was about 10-15 ppl watching! Cant see the need for a bus...other than getting the team there

Who said anything about home games?

These guys are talking about a bus to away games ie New Elgin , dress code Casual ;)

Can you expand on that last post. I have never once thought about the relevance of the social standing of a teams fans before. Am i missing something? What is it that Inverness City fans (all 10 or so of them last i saw) have that makes them so appealing?

Edited by SMEE

Can you expand on that last post. I have never once thought about the relevance of the social standing of a teams fans before. Am i missing something? What is it that Inverness City fans (all 10 or so of them last i saw) have that makes them so appealing?

I think your deliberately missing the point here.

Its not the Inverness City fans that make them appealing its the fact its a new club and that old aquaintances can be " bumped into " again in places like elgin etc.

Maybe your not making yourself clear!

So...your not an ICT fan then, as your too embarrased by their support, as you percieve them as being viewed as a "joke" by other teams fans?

Edited by SMEE

I couldn't say that there's any other team that I might end up supporting if ICT were to go out of existence. I only ever followed Caley and then ICT and wasn't one of those who had a "big team". I'm also not the kind of person who sits down to watch football just because there's a game on unless it's Scotland or ICT....although I might occasionally watch other Scottish games to get a look at the opposition.

So...your not an ICT fan then, as your too embarrased by their support, as you percieve them as being viewed as a "joke" by other teams fans?

Read post #43. Probably been to more games than you , but wait a minute you listen to the games on the radio so you truely are a fan :rotflmao:

Edited by DALNEIGHCALEY

Read post #43. Probably been to more games than you , but wait a minute you listen to the games on the radio so you truely are a fan :rotflmao:

I often wonder if i am a "fan", as i no longer contribute money to the cause. I did up until they got into the SPL, then went to the games i could afford and or manage to attend. Since Brewster took over, I havent been to ONE game. I am not gonna appologise for it....it is my decision. Another factor is, as i have mentioned on here over the years, ICT has never gotten under my skin the way Inverness Caledonian did. My support for them was never in question.

That said.....i listen to almost everygame on the radio and like to see them do well...if that makes me not a "fan"...its fine by me....water and ducks backs spring to mind!

Edited by SMEE

Watching Scotland/other national team is a given but as far as club level goes I wouldn't "follow" anyone. I'd watch the games that have the potential to be a real spectacle but other than that I wouldn't go out of my way to see any particular teams games.

If your support for Caley was never in question then surely you must remember the feelings of togetherness there was on the buses to Buckie , Elgin etc? We'd beat them on and off the park :rotflmao: and it made you feel a real part of your football club . I still meet up with lads i used to go to the games with and have a good laugh about the old days and the scraps we used to get into defending our team.

Edited by DALNEIGHCALEY