ICT -V- Rangers : matchday thread

Scotty

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imrie for Black. Normally I'd be unhappy about Black going off this early, but I'd say it's the right decision today - Black's had the quietest game he's had in ages, and we've got to get used to playing without him. Would like to see Rooney for Barrowman before too much longer as well.

Black is the only quality that we have got - I would rather get used to being without him next season. But Rosscoe almost scores a cracker. :rotflmao:

I for one dont think Imre is even close to Black or Cowie, full of effort yes but nowhere near the quality

Black's soaking up the midfield. If we're chasing then we need to drop one of the middle three and Black's been weakest here.

Think we've played pretty well here. Glad to see Rooney coming on. I'm going to exempt Brew from criticism this week (well, for this game). Doubt the team can play any better.

I'm going to exempt Brew from criticism this week (well, for this game). Doubt the team can play any better.

Whilst we are not getting hammered, its hardly a riveting performance from either side. My only plus point today is that Cowie is having the sort of game that will see other teams not bothering to offer him a contract.

Have a look at the Duncan and Royster opportunity - substitute Black and Wilson and GOAL - so what do we do - take off our only other skillful midfielder - Rooney YES - Vigurs no.

I see what you're saying, but I don't think Black got int the game at all today, and Vigurs had fallen out of it badly. As I said above, this should, in theory, give Cowie a chance to show what he can do in his preferred position and Imrie's capable of beating players when he's in the mood, even though he has less ability than Black or Vigurs IMO.

HONESTLY - Where did Cowie play ? And have Duncan and Royster shined in the second half - in fact Roy who ? Duncans passong has been deplorable and they put him in the playmaker role again And watch the second goal - Proctor went ape with Hastings. We are playing a poor RANGERS team in second gear.

Duff fer Tokely - another statement of intent - lets play both Duff and Proctor out of position.

We are playing a poor RANGERS team in second gear.

so long as you mean Rangers are still in second (or even third) gear, I agree completely .... 0-3 now !

game over

We've only kept one clean sheet all season - the first game of the season, says it all really

Is there a team in the UK withe a worse home record?

only elgin have a worse home record than us I believe :rotflmao:

brew gtf

Same old - game killed by a goal right at the start of the second half. Is Brewster aware of how often this happens and is he trying to address it? Frustrating Rangers in the first half worked OK - doesn't he realise he should be trying to start the second half the same way, keeping the ball rather than allowing it to get into vulnerable positions where players end up diving into challenges? It was also screamingly obvious how much the heads went down after the second goal - understandable, perhaps, but Dundee Utd, for example, wouldn't react like that, and Rangers, frankly, were nothing special today.

A slightly improved first half performance, but overall, there was nothing today to suggest that we can get out of this position.

Edited by alternative maryhill