FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

To All The Players At Ict

Alex MacLeod

A lot of the people who come through the turnstyles work 40 hours plus each week for 5 or 6 quid an hour Some work similar, or more, hours for a little more. I risk my life to go to work. You guys get paid a lot for what you do. Fifteen to twenty hours a week. Average ?50 an hour. Sorry guys but your taking the proverbial. You're fleecing the workers.

A lot of the people who come through the turnstyles work 40 hours plus each week for 5 or 6 quid an hour Some work similar, or more, hours for a little more. I risk my life to go to work. You guys get paid a lot for what you do. Fifteen to twenty hours a week. Average ?50 an hour. Sorry guys but your taking the proverbial. You're fleecing the workers.

Not fair comment. These players are just not good enough. They are not fleecing anyone. I won't even mention the difference between a ten and forty year working life.

:rotflmao:

Not fair comment. These players are just not good enough. They are not fleecing anyone. I won't even mention the difference between a ten and forty year working life.

Sorry but I totally disagree. Its us who work that pay their wages.

Guest Muir-Jaggie

SPOT ON!

People are working all week long hours just to make sure there taking money in for there family (most of them under paid for the jobs they do) all the players have to is 2 hours on training in mornig then prob another 2 in the afternoon and thats them done for they day. Fans worked hard all last week to save up for the falkirk game and look what they got in return. Players dont even know what a hard days work is. I remeber Imrie wrote in a paper about the ICT players never new what hard work was. He use to work on a building in the mornings and then went to training

:thumb04:

Sorry but I totally disagree. Its us who work that pay their wages.

I agree that we pay their wages , the point I'm trying to make is that they are not good enough to play any better. Doesn't matter how much we pay them they are simply second and third rate.

I agree that we pay their wages , the point I'm trying to make is that they are not good enough to play any better. Doesn't matter how much we pay them they are simply second and third rate.

I disagree Kilda. The league table does not lie at this stage in the season. Falkirk are below us in the table but they tore us a new hole today. The radio commentators said ICT didn't look interested until the 2nd half... Not looking interested is not having no ability. We can play a lot better than that. It is completely unacceptable to show any hint of complacency while we're in a relegation battle.

I won't even mention the difference between a ten and forty year working life.

Footballers may only have a 10 or so year career, but that's playing football. After they're finished with football they get another job, its not like they sit out of work for the rest of their lives. After a career in football I imagine our players will have a right good chunk paid off their mortgages, if not completely paid off. What I would give to have that by the time I'm 40, after playing professional football throughout the best years of my life and getting all the high quality skirt I can handle.

That dross served up today was an absolute f****** travesty. Not interested were they? WHAT THE F***???

Edited by TheresNoEsInBlack

I won't be so keen to make a last minute decision to travel down if that is the best they can offer. Maybe we all have to count to ten, we will laugh about it one day.............I said maybe.

It was totally unacceptable. Apart from giving the appearance of suffering from a collective hangover, it was obvious that they had not prepared for this one - tactically, or in any kind of a way.

I'll be interested to see what steps our recently installed new management team take to avoid further decline.

We need some answers from them.

Maybe players wages should be 'performance related'....like in our eveyday jobs, if you don't perform you get sacked or docked pay. Same should apply to footballers I reckon.

I'm just glad I had a cold and decided to give this game a miss.

At the end of the day alot of the players dont care which has being shown. They can move on to another club if we get relegated. Why cant they show some passion and play like they can. To play like they did yesterday in a game so important is just criminal. I'm also glad i didnt go. Why should i pay good money to go and watch them go out for a sunday stroll. I think the fans deserve some answers.

This is much more like the CTO forum... lots of outrage and bitching. It's been so dull since Butcher took over... :rotflmao:

Let's wait and see how they react next week. Yesterday was godawful, but that happens from time to time: we're not going to become a consistently good side overnight. Having sat through week after week of watching a team paralysed by fear or apathy or resentment of the manager earler in the season, and listening to aftermatch interviews with a manager who was in compete denial about the situation, I'll accept ?21 wasted yesterday if the players and new management approach next week determined to prove that they can play football and stay in the SPL. I don't think it's fair just yet to accuse the players of not caring.

Even Pele's team got rogered 6-0 one week at Airdrie and 5-1 at Morton. One week Airdrie came up and did us 5-1, same as some amateur team from the Highlands did once, so I heard, though I don't believe it myself.

Anyway the players have 2 weeks to think about this disaster now. As Mary says let's see how they react.

I have to agree that the players yesterday just were not up for it. 550 fans made an effort yesterday. Best support I've seen at a game ( didn't make Hamilton game) for a very long time and all we got was pish as a reward.

?60 in fuel, ?50 digs ?42 to watch ?30 munchies 5 hr drive up 5 hour drive home today. Do I feel cheated?

If the players want people to follow and support them, they need to show the fans that they appreciate that support. A clap of hands at the end of the game is all well and good, but its effort, passion , a wee bit of skill, ie pass the ball to each other, don't knock each other off the ball, or tackle each other during the game, all these would say to the support,that players care as much as the fans. I was not convinced yesterday that they do.

But I'll be back!! for more.

Yesterday was a disaster. Foran and Pavel were both pretty good though. The ref was a bit of a pain in the arse but no matter what he did, he wouldn't have been able to save us. Adam Rooney is so half arsed. How did he become a pro? He just seemed to be in the way yesterday. I would love to see inside Pavel's head, just to see what he thinks about the people round about him who try their hardest, but just make his job even harder! Foran, as we all suspected he would be, was fired right up! What happened to Imrie though? Im sure he tackled Rooney at one point........

Lionel needs to sort it out. He is going to cost us our place in the SPL. Can everyone remember him against Hibs? I thought he was amazing that day but, I'm starting to think that Hibs were just really bad. Tokely needs a good team round about him to play well.

Duncan, I really hope you pi$$ off. You are a dreadful diver, so stop it. It is not what we pay money to see. Kerr must be really unsure about his manager if someone like you can take his place.

Black will always struggle if the ball is booted over his head. I'm not sure if Esson could really do anything about any of the goals. The one positive to come out of his red card is that Fraser will get a run in the team. Not that Esson is bad, I just think Fraser is better.

Procter was pretty ineffective yesterday. I didn't really see him with the ball.

The first goal looked offside but, the lineman must have seen something. We'll see at 6 tonight. whenever ICT and Falkirk challenged for a header, the Falkirk player would give a wee nudge first. It worked. And those with planks for brains, just kept letting it happen and then looked at the ref. Why didn't they just get wise and do it back? They're all big boys. It's weird how every week, the refs are against us. I also find it amazing how people can see if there is an offside, at the opposite end of the ground.

The support was good and well done to those that pointed out the purple jumper, I found that really funny but, the *** that got chucked out at the end for challenging him to fight, don't come back. You should follow the old firm, or Dundee if thats what your into. I was also told you were challenging Andy Barrowman to a fight. you must be solid.

anyway. Scotland to think about now..........

I totally disagree with that. And who do you think a bottom six SPL team can afford? Messi?

We have the talent to get ourselves out of this mess. Falkirk have both sides of the OF to come. We have to get points whilst they are (hopefully) being beaten.

From what folks who went and from the scoreline said Caley didn't turn up or on for the game. The players money is the same no matter what the result, and it don't cost them to get there, or to get in, or for a pie and a pint, so what's it to them.

Some of them seem to be out of their depth, would any other team in the SPL give them a game never mind pay them to strap their boots on.

The way some of them have played this season they'd be more at home in Stranraer where the pay is less and the expectation is less too...

It's going to be tough all round from now on in, everyone is cutting back, advertising and sponsorship is drying up and supporters are feeling the pinch. If the players embarass the club especially the folks in the stands support will start to drop off dramatically, who wants to see their club sinking ?

I know what I'd do, I'd give them all a betting slip with their wages on Caley each week, that might make them run about with a bit more intent.

As for them working only 10 years vs the average guy working 50 years, can we all sign up for that FFS.

The fact is they make more in 10 years than many men make in 50 years, and as mentioned above, more often than not they are mortgage and debt free before they've hung their boots up.

Edited by Canada Bob

It was always going to be tough Bob, we are in the big boys league now, it's the way it goes. I suppose if they don't win, then there would be no win bonuses paid out, so there is a small incentive there to do better.

Some of our guys would command games in other SPL teams, but like other teams, not all of them would be top of the shopping list.

I did expect a tough task yesterday and i did expect Falkirk to really go for it but what i did not expect was for ICT to be so complacent that we got an absolute hiding, it was absolutely humiliating just to listen too.

Too many players in our team have for so long simply played for the wage or got so complacent that they know they don't have to perform to the best of there ability as soon as all starts going so well, thats why we have never got very far in this league apart from survival.

Especially now at the moment is the time we need our players playing every game like it's their last, i'm sure Butcher can't stress that enough to them.

It was always going to be tough Bob, we are in the big boys league now, it's the way it goes. I suppose if they don't win, then there would be no win bonuses paid out, so there is a small incentive there to do better. Some of our guys would command games in other SPL teams, but like other teams, not all of them would be top of the shopping list.

How can you get beat 4-0 by Falkirk when just a few weeks ago Caley brought 3 points home from Rangers !

If Rangers couldn't score at home against Caley then how TF do Falkirk put 4 by them ? if that doesn't show an attitude problem what does !!! All they needed yesterday was a point out of the game to keep the pressure on Falkirk, but that went pear shaped and look who the pressure is on now, who came away from that game thinking they'd turned a corner, in the right direction.

I wouldn't make it as a Manager, I'd leave them to walk home after a drubbing like that, I really do think that the players have it in their mind that they don't feel like manning the pumps to stop the club from going down.

As far as the Big Boys League, how come Caley are good enough to win 5 away but only 3 at home this season ?

When they feel like playing they can take on the best, beating Rangers at home, and stopping Celtic from scoring !

does that not show that Caley are able to match the best of them in the SPL ?

It's attitude and determination that's needed, there's only 2 teams that have won more away games so far this season, no need to guess who, yet Caley have only won 3 at home, letting in more goals at home than any other club !

The stats and the swings in performance don't make any sense to me, they should be mid table by now, not facing relegation.

Edited by Canada Bob

Simple psychology, they were playing the team at the bottom so thought they could coast it and learnt a valuable if costly lesson. Butcher and Malpas need to shoulder some of the blame for letting them get complacent against a very physical side. Onwards and upwards from here methinks.

I don't for a minute buy the complacency theory. The guys tried, they tried hard, but they were just not good enough. Going a goal down was almost against the flow of the game at that point as we had weathered Falkirks early rush. That changed the pattern of the game, instead of defending for a draw, we needed to score, we then made it more difficult by losing a sloppy second, the rest was academic.

Poor display not helped by an extremely poor refereeing decision that was the first goal, but it's history now, we can't go back. Tell me then how did St Mirren beat Celtic 1 week after being gubbed 7-0 by the same team?

Utter tosh 5th stand, I am sure nobody thought they would cruise to a victory away from home against Falkirk, so often a thorn in our side.

Butcher and Malpas should shoulder a lot of the blame, they set out the team and it was the wrong one, along with the wrong tactics.

Deja Brew.

Guest Muir-Jaggie

Spot on Manfer. On a good day we can beat Falkirk, on a bad day they can beat us. Not much between the sides.

08-09 season against falkirk

Falkirk 1-2 Inverness CT SPL (Cowie and imrie)

Fraser

Tokely Duff McGuire Hastings

Vigurs Black Mcabin Cowie

Rooney Wood

Falkirk 1-0 Inverness CT Co-op Insurance

Esson

Tokely Duff Munro Hastings

Cowie Duncan Imrie Mcbain

Wood Rooney

Inverness CT 1-1 Falkirk SPL (Rooney)

Esson

Tokely Proctor Munro Hastings

Black Duncan Vigurs

Imrie Wood Cowie

Inverness CT 0-1 Falkirk Scottish Cup

Esson

Tokely Mihadjuks Munro Lionel

Morais Duncan Black Foran

Imrie Odhiambo

Falkirk 4-0 Inverness CT (Esson sent off)

Esson

Tokely Mihadjuks Munro Lionel

Proctor Black Duncan Foran

Rooney Imrie

I can only see 1 good day out of them :rotflmao: and i think the teams we've put out were pretty good BUT not the one with proctor at the back

Edited by Muir-Jaggie