FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Idea for MFR?

It has been a source of debate amongst Aberdeen fans for years ? what tune should AFC run out to?!

Many clubs have their own easily identifiable specific song that they can call their own ? Hibs with Sunshine on Leith.........United with Beautiful Sunday.............Rangers and that Tina Turner song, etc, etc........... But the Dons don?t.

So what should the tune be?

AFC have teamed up with their official Radio Partners Northsound to offer supporters the chance to have their say and once and for all vote for a tune.

Should be it be a tune that relates to the Aberdeen? Should it be something up beat that is going to give the players a lift such as the theme from 'Local Hero' (which don?t forget was filmed in Aberdeenshire!)? Should it be a classical tune like Carmen Birhana (Old Spice ad to you and me!)? Or should it be a current song?

It's up to you!

Give us your suggestions by filling int he form below. We will then have a poll with a shortlist of the most popular nominations to allow the Red Army to choose the song Aberdeen will run out to during the 2009/10 campaign!

Good idea in my book. How about M.F.R doing something similar.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its good to run out to a decent tune,but it also would help if we had a decent announcer,last nights was pretty shocking,repeating everything 6 times,surely could of though something esle to say,instead of constant reminders of golspie and annan games :P

I thought we ran out to highland catherdal....

If I have any say in it they won't this season.

I've used a remix of Jungle Life (by DJ Daz) the last couple of games

but not sure what it will be for the season proper.

its good to run out to a decent tune,but it also would help if we had a decent announcer,last nights was pretty shocking,repeating everything 6 times,surely could of though something esle to say,instead of constant reminders of golspie and annan games :P

Thanks for volunteering Marty.....if you meet me at the front door around 1:30pm Saturday I'll take you up and show you how everything works and you can then show us how it's done!!!

Thanks for volunteering Marty.....if you meet me at the front door around 1:30pm Saturday I'll take you up and show you how everything works and you can then show us how it's done!!!

i havent said i know how its done,thats why i havent volunteered,i dont profess to be a expert at it,but at least the last guy managed to fill up all the time talking about lots of things not the same 3 things all the time,but hey if your happy who am i to **** on your fire

Apologies for being so quick to jump on your comment.....hopefully the following is a little more helpful in allowing you to better understand the situation.

It's all about priorities. At the moment the most important things are getting people back in the habit of attending games and letting them know what's happening in the run up to the start of the season. So the CIS fixture and making it well known that U16's get in free when accompanied by an adult is important to getting as many people along as possible....you might sit in your seat from the moment you arrive till the moment you leave, but not everyone does. People arrive late, people go off to get pies/drinks and go to the toilet etc at half time, and where possible and practical some announcements will be made several times to ensure the maximum number of people are aware of them.

Also, with it being pre-season there's not much else to be announced as we don't have match mascots, we don't have so many fan activities or the ht challenge and people don't seem to send us birthday announcements and things.....I can't announce things that don't exist, so the time is used to push what information we do have to the max.

One other reason for so much "talk" on Tuesday night was that some of the PA System settings had been knocked off/altered over the summer and following feedback from Saturday I was doing a lot of tweaking and adjusting to get the best I can from the system that's in place.....if I hadn't then people would be on here bitching about not being able to understand what's being said.

thought the tannoy man was decent enough, forgot hastings name though.

i thought it was titch from mfr.

Not sure bout that woah song, worked well enough at the utd and montrose game, wait and see, would be nice to have a sort of localish song (without reverting bach to teuchter music).

Not sure bout that woah song, worked well enough at the utd and montrose game, wait and see, would be nice to have a sort of localish song (without reverting bach to teuchter music).

are there any local songs that are not teuchterish?

Jyrojets?

MFR SHOULD be covering ICT games with live commentary. Song for ICT? I think the club should invest some dough in a new sound system in the northstand. Something with a bit of bass. Songs like that shemale singer pokerface through that tinny soundsystem are grating as fook. And that dario g number should be binned / deleted off the hard drive.

Song choice for me? U2 'still haven't found what I'm looking for' or caledonia

:lol: was wondering how long till someone mentioned the delay on Hastings name - I actually got caught mid announcement by a sneeze.

Jyrojets? Are they even together.. I'll ask my bro, There is loads we could ponder, I think it should be suggestion from the site then the top 5 goes to a vote, I was thinking the boy are back in town for the first game, but then i'm open, I guess Highland Catherdal can go down as our jinx song.... Yeh thats it I blame the song!!!

Dont mind Highland Cathedral. Would be good for Frankie Millers version of Caledonia, gets played alot at Scotland games though. But i doubt alot of people up in the Ness would know, doubt alot would travel to Hampden alot - although i could be totally wrong so im not discriminating ha!

Jyrojets? Are they even together.. I'll ask my bro, There is loads we could ponder, I think it should be suggestion from the site then the top 5 goes to a vote, I was thinking the boy are back in town for the first game, but then i'm open, I guess Highland Catherdal can go down as our jinx song.... Yeh thats it I blame the song!!!

i believe the song is jinxed too,but whatever, its just pish and should be dropped. it makes me cringe every time its played. lets find something more uplifting please.

Dont mind Highland Cathedral. Would be good for Frankie Millers version of Caledonia, gets played alot at Scotland games though. But i doubt alot of people up in the Ness would know, doubt alot would travel to Hampden alot - although i could be totally wrong so im not discriminating ha!

I take it you're not a paid up member of the Scotland Supporters Club? If you are check the back page of the latest newsletter...

There is a disproportionate number of Scotland fans when you go to Hampden from the North of Scotland...

I believe there's still some kind of issue with the rights for "bring it on home".

The Automatic - Monster would be the obvious choice IMO, but that means stealing it from Nessie (We could give them something uber cheesy like the Family Ness Theme).

Others that I have pondered are "

and "
the younger forum users look on in wonder :lol:

TB picked the song for the last game of the season...Old Spice/Omen Theme...not a bad selection and as they (players/management) are likely to be consulted then that may crop up as an option for the coming season.

Re the PA System/Speakers.....the cost of replacing them is wayyy beyond anything the club are likely to consider spending at the moment....and rightly so given the current circumstances and the need to be concentrating spending elsewhere.

I believe there's still some kind of issue with the rights for "bring it on home".

The Automatic - Monster would be the obvious choice IMO, but that means stealing it from Nessie (We could give them something uber cheesy like the Family Ness Theme).

Others that I have pondered are "

and "
the younger forum users look on in wonder :lol:

TB picked the song for the last game of the season...Old Spice/Omen Theme...not a bad selection and as they (players/management) are likely to be consulted then that may crop up as an option for the coming season.

Re the PA System/Speakers.....the cost of replacing them is wayyy beyond anything the club are likely to consider spending at the moment....and rightly so given the current circumstances and the need to be concentrating spending elsewhere.

football is entertainment (or it should be) and listening to that tinny sound system is embarrasing. I think a decent sound system would improve the 'atmosphere' situation and with a better atmosphere may even attract more fans. This shoe string budget argument really doesn't bode well if the club is thinking about moving in the right direction if you know what I mean. Speak to most folks who DON'T go on a regular basis cite the lack of fun and atmosphere. I'm sure a decent PA system at the singing section with the seats removed wouldn't be too expensive

football is entertainment (or it should be) and listening to that tinny sound system is embarrasing.

How many people spend all that money going to football matches to listen to music with great sound quality? Yes it might be part of the "package", but a miniscule part. I don't imagine we'd get any more fans at all if we spent thousands on an upgrade.