FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Lets get feckin REAL

IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER

I have just seen the Dumbfarmlife and Coatbridge United games so I would appreciate some discourse on this but:

This has to be one of the quitest and most lightweight midfields I have ever seen - it is supposed to be the feckin engine room - the most important cog in the machine - WHAT THE FECK.

There appears to be feck all communication - Stratford and Cox are as close as holding feckin hands at times and they appear to be on the back foot most of the times - they DO NOT influence or try to boss the game. Put Duncan in with Cox as he played with Blackie. Put another experienced player (Proctor) in there and give Hayes the free role - and feckin feed him. Cut out the hoof - play Foran on the last man and Sanchez in the hole - or play Rooney and Foran away from home.

Why are we not using Munro's long throw - at least as an option - I reckon that it could have wreaked havoc at Airdrie. Why are we always leaving two to go fer throws and feck the pretty patterns at the corners.

BASICALLY we are trying to play football and stick to the coaching manual - well that doesnt wrk in the SFL - ya have to get stuck in, dominate, pressure and kick ass. Put feckin Rosscoe and Munro on the keeper NOT feckin Sanchez.

Lets feckin kick ass instead of kiss ass.

agree with all that. midfield too mightweight. mcbain and duncan in to provide the dig. duncan will at least get in and take control of the ball and look for it, something neither of the current two do and mcbain can provide left mid position if hayes is used on the right?

Definitely agree we need to get more physical/experienced in midfield. Get Duncan in with either Stratford or Cox. Both the young guys have ability and potential but they need a wee bit of guidance and experience beside them I feel. Eagles hasn't impressed me too much but I can see what Butcher is trying to do with him (same as Hayes, a pacey winger to give us an attacking option on either side).

We have the makings of a decent side, certainly one strong enough to challenge for the title. Excellent goalkeeper, solid and experienced defence, decent attackers. Get the final piece (Duncan or McBain) of experience into the midfield and we're really gonna start moving forwards.

I have just seen the Dumbfarmlife and Coatbridge United games so I would appreciate some discourse on this but:

This has to be one of the quitest and most lightweight midfields I have ever seen - it is supposed to be the feckin engine room - the most important cog in the machine - WHAT THE FECK.

There appears to be feck all communication - Stratford and Cox are as close as holding feckin hands at times and they appear to be on the back foot most of the times - they DO NOT influence or try to boss the game. Put Duncan in with Cox as he played with Blackie. Put another experienced player (Proctor) in there and give Hayes the free role - and feckin feed him. Cut out the hoof - play Foran on the last man and Sanchez in the hole - or play Rooney and Foran away from home.

Why are we not using Munro's long throw - at least as an option - I reckon that it could have wreaked havoc at Airdrie. Why are we always leaving two to go fer throws and feck the pretty patterns at the corners.

BASICALLY we are trying to play football and stick to the coaching manual - well that doesnt wrk in the SFL - ya have to get stuck in, dominate, pressure and kick ass. Put feckin Rosscoe and Munro on the keeper NOT feckin Sanchez.

Totally agree with all of that. get duncan and mcbain back in there. i like cox, think he could be a good player with guidence, stratford is far to lightweight, not good enough in my opinion, see better players in the lower leagues than him.

Today's starting line up had 8 Butcher signings. And perhaps if he'd brought in competition for Esson, Granty and Rossco, they wouldn't be starting either.

It's normal for any manager to play his signings, he should have a vision for how he wants the team to play and recruits players in that mould. He will say he is rebuilding.

But how long can he stick with it if the new recruits are struggling? He's leaving out players with not just SPL experience, but experience of winning this league. Fair enough if he thinks it's on merit and on form, but there have to be major questions as to whether that is indeed the case.

Today's starting line up had 8 Butcher signings. And perhaps if he'd brought in competition for Esson, Granty and Rossco, they wouldn't be starting either.

It's normal for any manager to play his signings, he should have a vision for how he wants the team to play and recruits players in that mould. He will say he is rebuilding.

But how long can he stick with it if the new recruits are struggling? He's leaving out players with not just SPL experience, but experience of winning this league. Fair enough if he thinks it's on merit and on form, but there have to be major questions as to whether that is indeed the case.

That's what's worrying, I think butcher will just play these players because he has signed them, they clearly aren't better than what we have in duncan and mcbain etc but i don't think butcher will change it.

He can't let it go on surely? We are continuing to slide down the rankings of Scottish Football because it suits one man's ego. It's not as if he's giving his full attention to the job in hand is it?

Now is the time to ditch the Scotland job, media jobs, and concentrate on the task in hand. Does he not also have businesses dahn saff?

I think we should be playing a rotation system and switching the CM partnership between Duncan/Cox/McBain/Stratford. Though Stratford is the weakest of the four, i think he could be a valuble asset with the right midfeild partner. We need to play a rotation system as we play one week and we are good, the next we are ***** with the same team but a rotation system would cure this i think.

BRING BACK DUNCAN AND MCBAIN TO THE STARTING LINE UP!

the worrying thing is that he is ''rebuilding'' etc etc.

but butcher only has a year left on his contract!

he could bring in all the diddys then buggers off next season.

Get shot of him now, we thought that it was worth keeping Scott Leitch until the end of the season a few years back, and look where he sent us. Then they leave their contract and the club is up the creek or down a division in our case.

Even if you give him a chance and after 2-3 months things are still bad, he has to go, to give a new man or woman! a chance to keep the team from dropping 2 seasons in a row.

You might wonder why I am so concerned but we really need your 12 points off you next season aswell.

the worrying thing is that he is ''rebuilding'' etc etc.

but butcher only has a year left on his contract!

he could bring in all the diddys then buggers off next season.

Get shot of him now, we thought that it was worth keeping Scott Leitch until the end of the season a few years back, and look where he sent us. Then they leave their contract and the club is up the creek or down a division in our case.

Even if you give him a chance and after 2-3 months things are still bad, he has to go, to give a new man or woman! a chance to keep the team from dropping 2 seasons in a row.

You might wonder why I am so concerned but we really need your 12 points off you next season aswell.

Aw, ain't that sweet. :cdn-flag: (that's you on the left, now go buy some soap)

Unfortunately as things stand that's not going to happen and I don't mean we're going down. Those three points really smart.

I am not advocating hoofing Butcher - that would be totally disastrous - He is trying to apply the coaching manual and also appears to be trying to create a team and a system to play football. All very admirable ideals but he doesnt have the players to do it, we dont have the time to do it, and the SFL in a season where we are looking to bounce back to the SPL - it just wont work.

If he is a true manager he will see this and he does not have to tinker much with the system - he changes the players and he adapts slightly to accomodate their strengths (e.g Rosscoe). He has to admit that some of his signings will not make the grade and he reverts to some of the old gaurd - that will also mean that he may have to cut some of his bonds and trusts as well (Foran should be bollicked and warned).He doesnt have to throw out the coaching manual but he tries it in a blend with the rough, ready and direct.

Lets face it - the defence doesnt need much work - the midfield is in serious need of re-fashioning - we have forwards but they need to play with each other. It could be that Foran and Sanchez are "above" this standard whereas Rooney, Barrowman and Eric fit the bill. We also need (somehow) to instill a desire to play for the shirt.

Butcher is somewhat in a no lose position. If he tinkers and it doesnt work he can go back to square one or refashion. He still has Imrie and Eric to come back as well.

This might upset a few but Butcher was accepted by the muppets as their "get out of jail card". They relied on his charm and charisma to get them out of jail. Without him the would RIGHTLY have been hung, drawn and quartered. They are now intent on taking a back seat but they vowed to get us back up in one season and have put all their eggs in one basket. Well some have fallen out already and they could end up with all the eggs on their faces and the basket carrying their tails out of TCS.

Butcher can do some of his punditry but he has to put the National Team on a back burner - and he has to stop putting some of the National Team ploys into ICT - it is a wee bit different. Tel will probably either fashion a success at the National level or will move into management as Burley's side kick. As long as he doesnt jettison us on the way.

eagle just looks like he doesnt have the confidence to beat a guy. hayes takes the ball and runs at the defenders.

Eagle doesn't really have the pace to go past someone whereas Hayes does. We should create a hybrid of the two as I think Eagle has a better cross on him.

eagle just looks like he doesnt have the confidence to beat a guy. hayes takes the ball and runs at the defenders.

Eagle doesn't really have the pace to go past someone whereas Hayes does. We should create a hybrid of the two as I think Eagle has a better cross on him.

Agree - appoint a Mad Scientist and make an International winger called Frankie Stein.

I think Eagle is worth persevering with, but he should be left out wide, as should Hayes be. For me the biggest disappointment is not Stratford, who has been ineffective since he arrived, but Cox. In pre-season Cox was going right through players, hard as nails stuff. The last few games, I'm afraid Cox has wilted, he has gone soft since his bandages were removed and now is playing like a fairy. This is disappointing because I know he can do better. Maybe he is too young to have to carry the weight of the midfield on his shoulders, if that is the case, then get Roy or Russell alongside him and ditch Stratford. Sanchez is another luxury we can't afford at this level. Neat and tidy and can always come up with the unexpected, but the commitment looks to be well short of the required level.

it would be a tad harsh to label any off the new signings as not up to it at this stage, they've all had good games and bad ones so far, and so has the whole team. basically we cant string two decent results together to save ourselves and i think thats a lot down to the team not gelling yet and a lack of experience in midfield, so would agree with sentiment above...take duncan and mcbain out of cold storage and let them get stuck in and lead some of the new lads

A lot of people seem to agree with you.

I, for one, think you are talking fecking bellocks and are a bit of a twot.

A lot of people seem to agree with you.

I, for one, think you are talking fecking bellocks and are a bit of a twot.

:)

What's your take on it then Fergie?

Just keep it the way it is and we'll walk the league?

[

What's your take on it then Fergie?

Just keep it the way it is and we'll walk the league?

My name is not Fergie you cent.

Yes, keep it how it is, keep improving, watch the young lads getting fitter, better and more consistent - and walk the League.