FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Scotland Squad (v Japan)

Harry Chibber

Scotland squad:

Goalkeepers: Craig Gordon (Sunderland), Jamie Langfield (Aberdeen), David Marshall (Cardiff City)

Defenders: Darren Barr (Falkirk), Christophe Berra (Wolverhampton Wanderers), Gary Caldwell (Celtic), Daniel Fox (Celtic), Alan Hutton (Tottenham Hotspur), Stephen McManus (Celtic), Steven Whittaker (Rangers)

Midfielders: Charles Adam (Blackpool), Scott Brown (Celtic), Graham Dorrans (West Bromwich Albion), Darren Fletcher (Manchester United), Shaun Maloney (Celtic), Robert Snodgrass (Leeds United), Kevin Thomson (Rangers), Ross Wallace (Preston North End)

Forwards: Steven Fletcher (Burnley), Steven Naismith (Rangers), Garry O'Connor (Birmingham City), Derek Riordan (Hibernian)

Have to say, I'm impressed with this squad; it's as balanced as any Scotland squad I've seen in the last few years and a couple of youngsters to get excited about... and Commons isn't in it (yay) :D

*cough* DornochCaley..

Though he has outed himself I suppose.

Thought Daniel Fox was okay in the only Ireland game I've watched this season. v Moscow.

Snodgrass though? I've no idea how he's been playing but he was nothing special at Livi a couple of years ago. :002:

*cough* DornochCaley..

Thought Daniel Fox was okay in the only Ireland game I've watched this season. v Moscow.

Snodgrass though? I've no idea how he's been playing but he was nothing special at Livi a couple of years ago. :002:

Snodgrass has been excellent for Leeds... Although a division below I'd take him over Commons any day of the century

*cough* DornochCaley..

Snodgrass though? I've no idea how he's been playing but he was nothing special at Livi a couple of years ago. :lol:

Snodgrass has been excellent for Leeds... Although a division below I'd take him over Commons any day of the century

Im a big fan of the lad, finished with 11 goals and 16 assists last season i think after only getting in the first team in december!

It's and interesting squad and i'm glad to see call-ups for few younger players and Fox with a few of the older ones making way. Alexander and Weir won't be serious options come the next campaign but Paul Hartley (who turns 33 in a couple of weeks) can still do a job and i'm surprised he's not in the squad. Is he injured?

Also, i assume Burley and Smith have made an agreement to rest Kenny Miller for this one.

It's and interesting squad and i'm glad to see call-ups for few younger players and Fox with a few of the older ones making way. Alexander and Weir won't be serious options come the next campaign but Paul Hartley (who turns 33 in a couple of weeks) can still do a job and i'm surprised he's not in the squad. Is he injured?

Also, i assume Burley and Smith have made an agreement to rest Kenny Miller for this one.

I think it will be good for Burley to see we can play football without Miller in the first team. I'm interested to see the potential partnership of O'Connor and Fletcher up front... could be a decent combination

i think the starting 11 will be.....

gordon

hutton mcmanus caldwell fox

wallace brown fletcher maloney/snodgrass

dorrans

o'conner

Lee Wallace? Hes a LB....Brown is getting ankle surgery after the OF and will miss the Scotland game.

I would also rather fecking Munro and Proctor at CB than McManus and Caldwell.....Couple of fannies!

i think the starting 11 will be.....

gordon

hutton mcmanus caldwell fox

wallace brown fletcher maloney/snodgrass

dorrans

o'conner

Lee Wallace? Hes a LB....Brown is getting ankle surgery after the OF and will miss the Scotland game.

I would also rather fecking Munro and Proctor at CB than McManus and Caldwell.....Couple of fannies!

Lee Wallace, who is indeed a LB, isnt in the squad (though from what I've seen of Fox I'd rather have him in.) Its Ross Wallace from PNE who is in the squad. He can play LB but I believe his strongest natural position is on the wing.

League 1 is really really average in terms of quality. There are only 2 decent teams in it. Im unsure if it's any great feat scoring 11 goals in that league. For example, if Jermaine Beckford was as good as his goal tally suggests he wouldn't still be playing at that level. So Snodgrass, perhaps worth a friendly punt but I'm not expecting too much from him.

And given Burleys distaste for Boyd in training I'm suprised he's called up Riordan. Though I'd have him in the squad over David Clarkson any day of the week.

Lee Wallace, who is indeed a LB, isnt in the squad (though from what I've seen of Fox I'd rather have him in.) Its Ross Wallace from PNE who is in the squad. He can play LB but I believe his strongest natural position is on the wing.

League 1 is really really average in terms of quality. There are only 2 decent teams in it. Im unsure if it's any great feat scoring 11 goals in that league. For example, if Jermaine Beckford was as good as his goal tally suggests he wouldn't still be playing at that level. So Snodgrass, perhaps worth a friendly punt but I'm not expecting too much from him.

And given Burleys distaste for Boyd in training I'm suprised he's called up Riordan. Though I'd have him in the squad over David Clarkson any day of the week.

Beckford had plenty of offers the end of last season but said he wanted to get Leeds to the Championship first before moving clubs. Trust me Snodgrass is a classy player. I'm really looking forward to watching Dorrans tbh, seen him play a couple of times for WBA this season and he's easily been their best player

updated the squad list ! - cant find any official word on Cowie being added yet though

newsfeed: http://newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Football/Inte...+Teams/Scotland

Original Scotland squad: (denotes withdrawn)

• Goalkeepers: Craig Gordon (Sunderland), Jamie Langfield (Aberdeen), David Marshall (Cardiff City)
  • Defenders: Darren Barr (Falkirk), Christophe Berra (Wolverhampton Wanderers), Gary Caldwell (Celtic), Daniel Fox (Celtic) , Alan Hutton (Tottenham Hotspur), Stephen McManus (Celtic), Steven Whittaker (Rangers)
  • Midfielders: Charles Adam (Blackpool), Scott Brown (Celtic) , Graham Dorrans (West Bromwich Albion), Darren Fletcher (Manchester United), Shaun Maloney (Celtic) , Robert Snodgrass (Leeds United) , Kevin Thomson (Rangers) , Ross Wallace (Preston North End)
  • Forwards: Steven Fletcher (Burnley), Steven Naismith (Rangers) , Garry O'Connor (Birmingham City) , Derek Riordan (Hibernian)

Additional Call-Ups (denotes withdrawn)

• Goalkeepers: none
  • Defenders: Lee Wallace (Hearts)
  • Midfielders: Scott Robertson (Dundee Utd), Craig Conway (Dundee Utd)
  • Forwards: Lee Miller (Aberdeen)

Fox looks to be a good player. Best LB Scotland have had since Tom Boyd IMO. Best one Celtic have had since him anyway. He attacks really well and his delivery is brilliant. Very physical. Shame about the two Celtic centrebacks Scotland have though....

I think Commons is good. Give him time

Guest Superhorns

Congratulations to Don :lol:

It's turning into a total shambles though. 10 call offs!! Good plan to play a meaningless friendly in Japan during the season :rolleyes:

Pleased for Don (so long as he doesn't get injured) although hasn't been at his best this season.

It does seem a bit of a farce for you guys just when you need a settled and consistent side...as said above big names were always going to pull out for a pointless friendly miles away in the middle of a season.

yup - make the squad this now ..........

Original Scotland squad: (denotes withdrawn)

• Goalkeepers: Craig Gordon (Sunderland), Jamie Langfield (Aberdeen), David Marshall (Cardiff City)
  • Defenders: Darren Barr (Falkirk), Christophe Berra (Wolverhampton Wanderers), Gary Caldwell (Celtic), Daniel Fox (Celtic), Alan Hutton (Tottenham Hotspur), Stephen McManus (Celtic), Steven Whittaker (Rangers)
  • Midfielders: Charles Adam (Blackpool), Scott Brown (Celtic), Graham Dorrans (West Bromwich Albion), Darren Fletcher (Manchester United), Shaun Maloney (Celtic), Robert Snodgrass (Leeds United), Kevin Thomson (Rangers), Ross Wallace (Preston North End)
  • Forwards: Steven Fletcher (Burnley), Steven Naismith (Rangers), Garry O'Connor (Birmingham City), Derek Riordan (Hibernian)

Additional Call-Ups (denotes withdrawn)

• Goalkeepers: none
  • Defenders: Lee Wallace (Hearts)
  • Midfielders: Scott Robertson (Dundee Utd), Craig Conway (Dundee Utd), Don Cowie (Watford), Stephen Hughes (Norwich City)

• Forwards: Lee Miller (Aberdeen)

Fox looks to be a good player. Best LB Scotland have had since Tom Boyd IMO. Best one Celtic have had since him anyway. He attacks really well and his delivery is brilliant. Very physical. Shame about the two Celtic centrebacks Scotland have though....

I think Commons is good. Give him time

And like most Old Filth players he withdraws from the first squad he's picked for .

Great to see Don get called up.

He hasn't quite reached the heights he hit last season but that's not to say he hasn't been good because he has still showed good passing, crossing, work rate, and stamina but just needs to grab a few more goals and maybe some more assists as well.

Well done Cowie, hope you don't get injured.

p.s Is this game on telly?