FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Nerves of Steel

tm4tj

Is he better than Wayne?................he has ginger hair but we don't care..........look at Jonny's hair...

My point is, Adam Rooney has rescued us a couple of times recently with nerve jangling penalties. I say fair play to Adam for putting away these chances albeit from the spot.

Put yourself in his shoes. Have you ever taken a penalty? Have you ever had to take a penalty in the last seconds of a game to change the result?? Have you ever had to do this repeatedly to save the teams blushes/drive for promotion/consecutive run/dignity, or just from the wrath of the supporters.

I took a penalty once, after the friendly game we were playing petered out. The first three or four guys scored then it came to my turn. Although the attention had waned, and the rest of the guys started to open their cans of Tennents, I stood alone on the penalty spot against the keeper......................nobody gave a chit, but I did, was I going to be the first to fail or would I slot it away confidently. Well, I ended up with nerves like Rooney.............of course I put the keeper the wrong way....or did he dive too early, tough chitty. I ran away to take the plaudits of the wifie, two dogs a cat a half finished carry out and a tandem, I was euphoric.

My point is, he deserves plenty of credit for slotting the ball home, it's not as easy as it looks.

Adam Rooney Caley's No 9

Aye, he did well scoring under that pressure today, but in truth the game should of been wrapped for ICT a long time before that.

I was going to say, nerves of steel, legs of concrete, but that would be unfair. No he's a fairly safe penalty takes: that scare a few weeks back probably focussed him a lot more.

I wonder if he is as good as Sheerin? Big job for the Statto, there!

i think that Adam is a great young striker who must have nerves of steel. Agree that penalty could prove vital for us. Hope he can stay injury free as he's pretty vital to the team at the moment. Also hope he stays at the TCS for a long time to come.

I quite agree. Fans should watch him closely - his first touch is usually class, he holds the ball up exceptionally well and I dont think he is as slow as some people would have you believe. Oh and a minor detail he is our top scorer and could well finish the season as top scorer in SFL1. Keep up the good work.

Guest Mahonio

I bet England will be thinking, i wish Adam was English like Wayne so would have another player who can score in penalty shoot out in world cup :ohmy: :001:

I need a picture of him to add to my bebo album and to use as Desktop Background picture, any help greatly appreciated :029: :019: .

Do you think he could get Inverness' player of the year award or possibly even 1st Division player of the season, if there is such a thing?

Edited by Mahonio

Adam has improve soo much since he first arrived, he seems to have abit more confidence when it comes to shooting and taking on players. Hopefully we can keep him, he must be attracting attention from bigger clubs, playing like he is this season.

Im not sure "Bigger" clubs will be after him, in the way we usually think of bigger Clubs. The likes of Hamilton will probably be after him soon enough. I hoped he would come good and he has... Well done Rooney son. He was good last season IMO, and it just took him a while to get off the mark this season.

Think hes proved himself now. He got a chance at being a first team regular, and he grabbed it with both hands and has kept his place since.

Not nerves of steel, sqaunders to many one-on-ones with the keeper.....however, if he sorts that out then yes, he wont be far off having nerves of steel. I aswell know what its like to take a non-important penalty, never mind to grab a vital point in the last minute of a game for a team pushin for promotion!!