FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Is it sad to go to a game yourself?

SMEE

123 members have voted

1. 1. Is it sad to go to a game yourself?

• Yes
    • No
    • Bunch O' Bananas

Its not sad at all, and don't stop going to the games if your mates aren't going. Although its better crack with your mates.

I have it on good authority that SMEE doesn't actually have any mates :P

Haa your probably right, not with a display name like that.

Never been a problem for shy old me, a lot of the exiles travel alone and meet up at the games or en-route. Caley 100 referred to the old site which had a distinct advantage, most of our photos were posted on there (and Scotty kept it up to date with some good days/nights out) so you could spot a few familiar faces initially.

That's how I got to meet Mantis and Wanderer, just approached them one day at Ayr and said "you're the two ugly C**ts from the Caley site"..............the rest as they say is history!!

One regret, they introduced me to "tight wad" naelifts..........

Its not sad at all, and don't stop going to the games if your mates aren't going. Although its better crack with your mates.

I have it on good authority that SMEE doesn't actually have any mates :P

Everyone....its actually Trees fault am having to go alone. He went and gave his season ticket to his brother...who I was hoping to sweet talk into going to the game wi me. Bad Tree...Naughty Tree....as punishment....i think al sit beside you at the Raith game! :P

Guest Mahonio

I feel the same way SMEE but only about going to Inverness from Thurso on my own as i would probably get lost somewhere along the lines :blink: :) :lol:

I was planning going to the Dundee game on the last day of the season but because of reasons stated above i am not to sure but being at the stadium alone wouldn't worry me that much because the last time i went down (last Febs Hibs game) my eye was on the game so much that the only time i remembered i was with someone was at half time and full time and the atmosphere that day was electric, especially in the stand above the away dugout, because i section of us were shouting to a certain Mixu, "GET BACK IN YER BOX".

Also, the guy that took me and another mate of his down to that game, is now on backshift as he told me that and the news that he won't be going down to many games now on due to his shifts.

Just go and enjoy the game, no one really cares who you are or who you go with. If I can wrangle some work to tie in with a midweek game in the central belt I'm off like a shot and its not hard to speak to the people next to you,wanting to see ICT play, quickly overcomes the thought of sitting on your own.

I used to be self conscious about sitting on my own in a restaurant at a table for 1 when working away but I really don't care and surprisingly enough neither does anyone else.

You are never alone in Section G, North Stand! Just join in the singing/chanting/stamping etc and you will be among fans/friends. Speak to the person next to you and then you are fellow fans.

As a designated past-it female, I have never found going to the footie alone to be a hindrance - I was very apprehensive going alone at first but then I spoke to the others around me, including special fans (Johndo!) and now.... he's one of many I look forward to meeting up with at games, home and away.

You certainly would not have felt alone at Fir Park on Saturday - what a day, what an atmosphere, what singing - pity they had such a good international goalie! we could have had more goals. But, we are top of the League!!!! All those who were not there - what a shame - we had a great time and the euphoria of the final whistle, with the players, manager and fans response, remains.

Senior ladies get their stadiums mixed up - just as well we have the bus to take us.

Must be thinking of the Premier Division already - despite the state of the pitch there.

Smee :- No way is it sad to go to a game yourself. The only reason folk are a bit uptight about going to a game on their own is simply because they're worried that others think that by being on their own means they must be unpopular.

Last month my son and I were going to the Scotland-Czech match with my mate and his son. On the day of the match my son, my mate and his son all came down with a virus leaving me (billy no mates) with no one to go with.

I ended up thourghly enjoying the game, obviously I love going to games with my son, but I found that with no distractions I could really get into the game.

I think it's sad i've not been to a game in over a year, but i still manage to get updates from clacher and co or on soccer saturday. Moving back up to edinburgh from carlisle next week so hopefully no excuse to get up for at least one of the remaining games hopefully to cheer the boys on to the championship. :P

Ach...am gonna go...sod it. why not eh. Just seems a bit weird after 34 yrs of attending games with people. BRING ON THE C*UNTY!

Now that wasn't so bad after all, was it? You were so engrossed in watching the 3-0 demolition of C**nty that it never crossed your mind that people all around were laughing at you and saying "What a sad loner - he's got no mates. He must have a personality disorder or hygiene problems".

A person who can sit alone and enjoy a football match - without the "security blanket" of mates - is someone who is at peace with the world and 'happy in his own skin'. With or without mates matters not. Its all about enjoying a game of football.

Edited by A96

Definitely not! I actually posted something similar to this near the start of the season and took the advice given which was to just give myself a shake and get to games. I have now been to 10 home games and 4 away and I've loved them all. You realise its the same faces week in week out and even if you end up not speaking to them you feel as if you know them having seen them so much. Yet to try the Innes bar experience, thought of trying it this weekend, however I'm not overly confident that the game will be on, fingers crossed though!

Absolutely not ! As another poster has very perceptively observed - you're never alone in Section G !

:lol:

Slighty off topic, however I was highly amused to see the tinks in the south stand were actually annoyed that Section G were jumping up and down for a good part of the second half.

I normally don't go in for all this Section G nonesense, however on this occasion :021: :P :lol:

You realise its the same faces week in week out and even if you end up not speaking to them you feel as if you know them having seen them so much.

That's exactly how I feel.

Yet to try the Innes bar experience

Me too. Feel a bit more 'shy' about that one.

Hope you enjoyed last night's game, Smee. (I fail to see how you couldn't have JC_highfive.gif )

What a bunch of weirdo's.

Who was that guy sitting all alone.

Don't be mean, its not that easy making friends, I saw a guy sitting on his own, he tried to make eye contact with the guys sitting next to him,later on he tried to strike up a conversation and one of the guys pulled a face, he even lowered himself to asking one of the blokes if he wanted a pie at half time all he got back was a curt no. sorry Barrowman sometimes life isn't kind.