FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Sharia Law at Clach Park

http://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/news/fu...ocial_club.html

"The building - which was put on the market after Clach went into administration last November, owing its creditors around ?270,000 - will be used by the Highland Bangladeshi Association. It will have study facilities and dedicated prayer areas for the city's Muslim community but will not be a mosque.

Clach will be allowed to rent the boardroom and changing rooms on matchdays, but will not be allowed to consume alcohol for religious reasons.

Former Clach player and manager, councillor Peter Corbett, was optimistic about the future and felt the alcohol ban may be a necessary sacrifice. "If that's what has got to be done, it's got to be done," he said.

:lol:

[Former Clach player and manager, councillor Peter Corbett, was optimistic about the future and felt the alcohol ban may be a necessary sacrifice. "If that's what has got to be done, it's got to be done," he said.

I have to say that the BBC have been reporting the Savage and Bangladeshi developments for well over a fortnight.

Anyway.. the reason I posted here was to point out the irony that the said Councillor Corbett happens to be Chairman of the Licensing Authority :lol::lol::lol: . I will not fail to jar him about that one next time I see him!

However, it would appear that any alcohol ban at Clach Park would not be as easy to get round as the smoking ban since as far as I am aware Inverness's laws against drinking outside would eliminate the smokers' expedient as an option.

I am actually told, though, that the Bangladeshis may be happy enough for the Social Club to continue in the town end of the building if a partition was erected between there and the main hall which is what they want to use but that is unconfirmed.

Edited by Charles Bannerman

[Former Clach player and manager, councillor Peter Corbett, was optimistic about the future and felt the alcohol ban may be a necessary sacrifice. "If that's what has got to be done, it's got to be done," he said.

I have to say that the BBC have been reporting the Savage and Bangladeshi developments for well over a fortnight.

Anyway.. the reason I posted here was to point out the irony that the said Councillor Corbett happens to be Chairman of the Licensing Authority :lol::lol::lol: . I will not fail to jar him about that one next time I see him!

However, it would appear that any alcohol ban at Clach Park would not be as easy to get round as the smoking ban since as far as I am aware Inverness's laws against drinking outside would eliminate the smokers' expedient as an option.

I am actually told, though, that the Bangladeshis may be happy enough for the Social Club to continue in the town end of the building if a partition was erected between there and the main hall which is what they want to use but that is unconfirmed.

Looks like "The Wine Shed" could make a comeback. :lol: :)

Bit hypocritical... how many little corner shops owned by Muslims sell alcohol?

When I lived in London, many of the stores , open all night, and provide a fantastic service, run by follows of Mohammed , as you say , sold alcohol, and more to the point streaky bacon as well.

( we all have to make a living my local shop owner told me )

If you go to Turkey you will see drinking in great abundance in the equivelent of Tabacs, there.

I think the top clerics don't like the idea of drinking, but the regular rank and file chaps , like the rest of us drink, when their wives arn't around.

Its a case of top show.