FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

3-4-3 at home

davieB

It seems that when Charlie changed the formation to a 3-4-3 yesterday he transformed the whole game. Until that point we'd been pretty dire, much like most of our home performances this year.

We were a completely different team after the switch, we just attacked Falkirk and they couldn't cope with it.

Should Charlie think about making this a more permanant formation in our home games? Or should it be a more 'horses for courses' approach? Or will he stick to the rigid 4-4-2, which in my opinion just isn't working at home?

Personally I'd like to see us play 3-4-3 more often, with Dennis playing just behind Bayne/Dargo.

It makes for exciting football at the very least :001:

Whole heartedly agree. Even last year i was calling for us to experiment with our formation, with perhaps a 3-5-2.

I even seem to remember one or two pre-season games this season where we adopted a 3-5-2 formation. (v. Elgin City, and those Italian teams). I could be wrong though.

As well as that, our Reserve side usually play a 3-5-2 as well don't they?

At least its given CC food for thought.

It's great to see that Charlie has it in him to make a radical change if a game isn't going to plan. Neither Brew or Robbo seemed to be willing to that. However, our team is built on a very solid back 4 that picks itself. I don't think we should mess with our formation unless we're losing.

It's great to see that Charlie has it in him to make a radical change if a game isn't going to plan. Neither Brew or Robbo seemed to be willing to that. However, our team is built on a very solid back 4 that picks itself. I don't think we should mess with our formation unless we're losing.

:clapping04:

I'd definately keep a back 4 but I think Rankin needs to be given more of a license to get forward or even have Wyness sitting behind 2 strikers with a holding midfielder.

:clapping04:

I'd definately keep a back 4 but I think Rankin needs to be given more of a license to get forward or even have Wyness sitting behind 2 strikers with a holding midfielder.

I agree completely with what you say here HC, too much sideways football from Rankin and I would love to see Denzil on the pitch somwehere (but not in goals) along with two strikers.