FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Massive Blue & White Away Day

Yngwie

Whilst in a Perth supermarket today, my attention was caught by a poster of our stadium!

The St Johnstone fans have chosen their game at TCS on 19th February as the destination for their annual "massive blue & white away day" where they get as many fans as they can to go to an away game in party mood. They get it coverage in the local papers, and have professionally produced posters up in dozens of pubs and shops to promote the gathering. Some fans are also making a night or weekend of it as well, as you'll see on this lengthy forum thread We Are Perth

Fair play to them for chosing Inverness and for putting so much effort into this, which will create a bit of atmosphere and of course put some extra dosh in our coffers.

I very much hope that we make them feel very welcome, and most of all, that we teach them a lesson in football and send them back down the A9 with their trip having been fun but ultimately "pointless".

And I hope they also realise that alcohol will be banned on the trains. Used to be just Glasgow trains that had bans on maqtch days but First have taken the decision to ban alcohol on trains to and from Inverness on SPL matchdays after a train was trashed by Dundee fans back in May. Have not travelled on train to SPL games this season so far but have seen notice at Perth station

Edited by Alex MacLeod
  • Disagree 1

I thought certain trains on a Saturday coming from the South to Inverness were dry anyway? I've certainly seen loads of folk having alcohol taken off them when they are heading back on that Edinburgh train after six unless you mean all Saturday trains Alex (on a matchday)?

I thought certain trains on a Saturday coming from the South to Inverness were dry anyway? I've certainly seen loads of folk having alcohol taken off them when they are heading back on that Edinburgh train after six unless you mean all Saturday trains Alex (on a matchday)?

Haven't travelled on train for league game in a while but last time, think it was Rangers, the train was dry both ways. 0955 leaving Perth and half six back down. Many had smuggled booze on it though.

We had beer on the train up to Inverness from Stirling on the day of the Aberdeen game in October. Didn't have any bother with drinking it on train. Also on way back in the evening was fine.

We had beer on the train up to Inverness from Stirling on the day of the Aberdeen game in October. Didn't have any bother with drinking it on train. Also on way back in the evening was fine.

Think its only when southern based teams are travelling up. Dont tend to meet too many Dons fans on these trains

On dry trains you cannot consume or carry alcohol on board. Some trains are declared dry under the railway byelaws and where this happens, notices are put up in advance to warn passengers.

These notices should be displayed at stations along the route at least two days prior to the banned date.