FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Progress in contract talks

RossP

According to Teamtalk.com

A number of the Caley first-team squad have deals which expire at the end of this season, meaning they would be able to sign a pre-contract agreement with another club from January.

But Christie has moved to counter that possibility by beginning negotiations with players in the final year of their deals at Caledonian Stadium and is hopeful of completing talks in the coming days.

He said: "We are very close to agreeing new contracts with several players, which is great for the club and we are optimistic that those deals will be signed by the start of next week."

Despite that positive news, Christie conceded he could still be faced with clubs making a move for his players when the transfer window reopens in January.

However, the Caley boss insists he has no problems with rivals taking an interest in his squad, because that is a mark of the Highlanders' recent success.

Christie said: "That is what happens when you are a smaller club who are doing well.

"I would not be surprised if we had enquiries but that is fine as it is the day when people stop admiring our players that I will be worried."

We've heard it all before, but maybe there will be some pens put to paper in the next week; fingers crossed xx

Great news !

As you say we'll keep our fingers crossed though.

Dods is the big worry for me, should he go it'll be a **** of a loss, but at least we don't have the "Dundee Utd exodus" to worry about anymore  :003:

Great news !

As you say we'll keep our fingers crossed though.

Dods is the big worry for me, should he go it'll be a **** of a loss, but at least we don't have the "Dundee Utd exodus" to worry about anymore  :003:

Dods has made it very clear he doesn't plan to play another season in Inverness.  I suppose it depends on what he gets offered, but I'm sure someone will come in for him.  He should be forever grateful to ICT for not selling him to Dundee Utd though.  That would have been a bad move (or would he have helped save the day - we'll never know now)

Yeah that's an interesting point, Dods may well have saved Brewster at United.

I think Dods is a very underestimated player (not at Inverness mind), ICT are a similar success

story to what St Johnstone were in the late nineties. No coincidence that the big fellow was a member of both teams.

Nothing however that Charlie can't sort, wether it be McCaffrey or someone else.

It would be nice though if Dods was the only loss to deal with.

There's been specualtion about contract extensions since the summer. Remember how long the Black saga dragged on  :006:

Only yesterday I saw Dargo quoted as saying he wasn't currently in talks with the club over a new contract and that the club weren't putting any pressure on him to sign.

Could be a case the advanced talks are with players with, the greatest respect, aren't prime targets for other clubs eg Barry Wilson.

Of the 'Big' 3 - I suspect Dods will leave in the summer, Brown probably will and Dargo might

There's been specualtion about contract extensions since the summer. Remember how long the Black saga dragged on  :006:

Charlie Christie was also quoted as saying that at some coaches conference at Gleneagles (?) he was speaking to Sir Alex Ferguson and he told young Charles that it took about 18 months to fix one of his big names up on a new contract  :010: