FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Ex ICT Players Score

Joonya

• 2 weeks later...

Sat 01 Aug 2015

Highland League

A Greig (2)       -      (Brora 11  Rothes 0)

D Gillespie       -       (Brora 11  Rothes 0)

Z Sutherland   -       (Brora 11  Rothes 0)

M Bavidge (2)  -      (Inverurie 4  Formantine 3)

I Vigurs            -      (Inverurie 4  Formantine 3)

G Wood           -       (Inverurie 4  Formantine 3)

• Agree 2

^^^ He was a hugely promising player and highly regarded through all the youth ranks at the club (top scorer in all age groups, I believe) - but sustained a bad injury at a crucial stage in his development. He was subsequently released - football can be ruthless! But, glad he's making a go of it in the Highland League.
Interesting archive article here, although it does go a bit off-topic near the end! http://caleythistleonline.com/topic/22739-adam-macleod/

Small profile from his U19 days http://www.ictfc.co.uk.p.preprod.performgroup.com/articles/20100727/adam-macleod_2208839_2103531

Edited by Sneckboy

^^^ He was a hugely promising player and highly regarded through all the youth ranks at the club (top scorer in all age groups, I believe) - but sustained a bad injury at a crucial stage in his development. He was subsequently released - football can be ruthless! But, glad he's making a go of it in the Highland League.
Interesting archive article here, although it does go a bit off-topic near the end! http://caleythistleonline.com/topic/22739-adam-macleod/

Small profile from his U19 days http://www.ictfc.co.uk.p.preprod.performgroup.com/articles/20100727/adam-macleod_2208839_2103531

Regards Adam MacLeod. Was at ICT from youngest age possible, did indeed win awards throughout youth levels. Signed when 16 but got injury at end of u17s, Believe he snapped his achillies in his first 19's or 20's game.

Went to Strathspey to get fit and scoring again, but after making 4 goals in two subs in first games Strathspey though they could play him as a full back as he was better on the ball than their other defenders, still scored a few from defence, no idea how many. Following season went to Elgin, scored two on his debut, but Ross Jack didn't play him again in 18months???? Barry Wilson came in and played him, and he started scoring again. Elgin offered him a new deal, but Adam then had a job where he works every second Saturday.

Working every second week he seemingly had offers from Nairn, and I believe Brora, but thought he would not get a game just appearing every second week, so he went back to Strathspey to just get a game. Broke their seasons scoring record by September, but then got injured and was out for the rest of the season. Think against Huntly was his first full game since his operation. Been told he scored a free kick Ronaldo style into the postage stamp from 25 yards. If he stays clear of injury I can see him scoring 20 for Strathspey, a bottom 3 side in the Highland league. If he does, Strathspey might not be that near the bottom.

If he hadn't been injured, think he would be at the same level as Polworth.  

• Agree 3

15 Aug 2015

Stuart Armstrong got 2 for Celtic today which I'd rather not record!

Others were-

SL 1

R McAllister (2)          (Stranraer 0  -  Peterhead 4)

Highland league

A Greig (2)                 (Brora 4  -  Keith 1)

Z Sutherland (2)         (Brora 4  -  Keith 1)  

G Wood (2)                 (Deveronvale 1  -  Formantine 8)

Scottish Premiership

Adam Rooney x2 (Aberdeen 2-0 Dundee)

Scootish League One

Bryan Prunty x2 (Brechin City 1-2 Airdrie Utd)
Rory McAllister (Peterhead 2-1 Dunfermline)

Highland League

Lewis MacKinnon (Buckie Thistle 3-2 Clachnacuddin)
Stuart Leslie (Fort William 2-1 Deveronvale)
Martin Laing (Huntly 2-1 Inverurie Loco Works)

• Agree 1