FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Caledonian & Thistle Trophies!

BornCaley

So im at home, enjoying my cuppa and the opening chapters of the online version of 'Against All Odds'. But a question arose. Surely pre-merger there must have been a fair few trophies siting in the respective trophy rooms of both Caledonian & Thistle.

Does anyone know what happened to these trophies? Were they hauled over to the ICT trophy room or the respective social clubs? Or maybe auctioned off?

thanks

Edited by BornCaley

There's a fair spattering of trophies between the Boardroom and the Social Club.

Now we have the sports bar, it may be good to get some cabinets in there so everyone gets a chance to view them.

Yes, I think that is the answer to the original question. There's a large cabinet in the front foyer of the Social Club and the original Boardroom is also fairly well endowed with them. Some in the sports bar would indeed be a good idea.

What still intrigues me is the fate of the two large plaster footballs which stood above the entrance to the Caley Park until 1996 and spent some of their latter days flanking the notice "Welcome to Telford Street Park - Property of Caledonian FC". They seemed to disappear without trace.

As it happens, more of the fabric of Thistle Park still seems to exist with certainty since, as far as I know, the enclosure and floodlights are still at Harmsworth Park Wick. The Jags pie shed also lived on as a garage near the Bught until a couple of years ago when housing was built on the site.

Someone knows where the telford st footballs are Im sure Charles! I do have a boardroon teacup and saucer and it lives in my cabinet now. The sideboard and boardroon table still lives in the boardroon at the tcs as far as I know. Tnink its a great idea to put more stuff from the past in the sports bar Caley D.

The sports bar would be the perfect answer. Both clubs won the same trophies over the years, so it not as if one has a Fairs Cup tucked away from the main competitions. Would also be nice to have some of the stuff presented from other clubs on show. Pendants from Denmark, Italy, Sheffield Utd, QPR, etc. Believe some of the other clubs in Scotland gave ICT stuff to celebrate them joining the league. Could even have it as a tribute to the history of north football, with a bit about the clubs in the north, from Caley, Thistle, Clach, Citadel, Wick, Fort William and The Broch etc. Would possibly add a wee bit to the coffers if it was paid entry on non match days, with profits going into youth teams. My Bannerman might like it to be another of his legacies at TCS!!

Just a thought

• Agree 1