St.Johnstone Apr 5th

MrCrockett

Hi, all:

I´m travelling from Spain to Scotland on the weekend of the Friday match against St.Johnstone. I´ll be in and around Inverness during the weekend  and I´d like some help on a couple of questions. 

Is there any place where to buy a ticket on the city centre or should I visit the ticket office at the Tulloch on matchday? 

Any decent pre-match boozers? I read in the football ground guide fans tend to visit the Innes Bar on the way to the ground but I´d prefer a valid opinion from home fans. 

Also, I´m travelling by train from Edinburgh and this certainly has to be the most expensive train ticket I have bought to buy in all my trips to Scotland! I wonder if it is of any help pre-purchasing the ticket  from the website rather that at the station. Is this advisable to do? The offer looks really tempting. 

Thanks in advance and really looking forward to my trip to Scotland and my first ever visit to the Tulloch!

• Agree 1

Hi, all:

I´m travelling from Spain to Scotland on the weekend of the Friday match against St.Johnstone. I´ll be in and around Inverness during the weekend  and I´d like some help on a couple of questions. 

Is there any place where to buy a ticket on the city centre or should I visit the ticket office at the Tulloch on matchday? 

Any decent pre-match boozers? I read in the football ground guide fans tend to visit the Innes Bar on the way to the ground but I´d prefer a valid opinion from home fans. 

Also, I´m travelling by train from Edinburgh and this certainly has to be the most expensive train ticket I have bought to buy in all my trips to Scotland! I wonder if it is of any help pre-purchasing the ticket  from the website rather that at the station. Is this advisable to do? The offer looks really tempting. 

Thanks in advance and really looking forward to my trip to Scotland and my first ever visit to the Tulloch!

Tickets can be bought at the stadium (there will be plenty). 

The Innes is very good and quite a few ICT fans go there.  I'll be there pre-match.

Go to www.thetrainline.com for tickets.  Instead of buying a ticket from Edinburgh - Inverness.  Buy a ticket for Edinburgh - Perth.  Perh - Inverness.  Usually works out around a tenner cheaper  - I don't know why!!!

• Agree 2

With regards to train tickets look for single journeys rather than return ticket. Also worth checking the Mega Bus out for cheap deals.

Check the First Scotrail web site as there may be deals that don't appear on the National Rail sites...for whatever reason.

Innes is a good venue. The is also the Caley Club in Greig Street and they also run a bus to the ground (I think).

Enjoy

• Agree 1

The Innes is a great pub - one of my favourites in Scotland. Travel wise, looks like the best option is to buy 2 single tickets via the Scotrail website. The 0835 service from Waverley to Inverness is £21.90 on Friday the 5th. The 1846 service from Inverness to Waverley on Saturday the 6th is £11.30. Both services are direct.

Great. I´ll buy a ticket from the internet then. Bus is not an option as I expect to arrive at Edinburgh airport  on Thursday afternoon and I would like to reach Inverness in time for some dinner and pints! I think a train journey would be 3 and a half hours.

Innes Bar will be a stop definitely, hopefully with a ticket secured.  Now let´s hope the weather improves because I booked April thinking the chance of a match being postponed would be diminished but I´m not so sure now!

Thanks for the advice. 

Buy a ticket in advance it may be a vital game, if you have tesco vouchers red spotted hanky will double up the value to buy online.

The busiest bar I nipped in to prior to the Fri night derby fixture was the exchange which is near the train station Academy st. there are buses running to the game but they leave it a bit tight to get a drink in the caley bar,

• Agree 1