FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

U20s

Yngwie

SPL U20 league fixtures have been announced.

http://www.scotprem.com/content/default.asp?page=s2&newsid=12421

It appears that the league has had an extra place created this season to allow Rangers back in. Anyone know how that happened?

The U20's league is based on the setup each club has at that level.  All SPFLSP teams are required to meet the level necessary to compete in the SPFLSPU20's and it's optional for all other teams across the leagues.

Rangers missed a year, but are back to having a setup which allows them to enter.

• 3 weeks later...

I see our U20's got off to a good start by beating Aberdeen 1-0 at Balmoor on Tuesday.

According to Aberdeen's website "an Inverness substitute" hit a screamer in the 76th minute. The only player of ours to get mentioned by name was Esson.

It was Ferguson that scored, not much information about the match been published but from what I can gather on the interweb the players that were involved were: Esson, Cooper, Gorman, Christie, Ferguson

Maybe they were playing 5 a-sides?

A friend of mine said that U20s are at home on Tues night to Celtic but he can't tell me the time of kickoff. I've tried looking on the website but I'm using my phone and I cannot get the fixture list up. Does anyone know what time it kicks off at and what is the cost fir the U20s games.

Do they just open part of the stadium for these games ?

Edited by Caleyjag77

Just out of interest, why are games on in the evening now, instead of the afternoon?  

I believe, although I've not seen anything "official", that the mandate from the SPFL is that all games must now be played in the evening.

If true then it's a ridiculous decision on so many fronts....

It's perfectly feasible...likely for most clubs...that some of the players in these teams will still be of school/college age.  Meaning that for an away fixture to central belt (or one of them coming up here) they won't be home until around midnight.....that's if they can secure the time off from classes to allow them to travel in the first place.  And the wonder why clubs struggle to bring through young players?

It also means that, as we have a winter league, then clubs will be forced into the extra expense of running floodlights for these matches.  Other clubs charge an entry fee to help offset these costs and it would be understandable if ICT found themselves having to (reluctantly) do the same.

It's perfectly feasible...likely for most clubs...that some of the players in these teams will still be of school/college age. Meaning that for an away fixture to central belt (or one of them coming up here) they won't be home until around midnight.....that's if they can secure the time off from classes to allow them to travel in the first place. And the wonder why clubs struggle to bring through young players?

How is that scenario any different to games being played in the afternoon midweek? You could play the game at 10am and they'd still need to take a whole day off.

The point about floodlights is spot on.

Edited by clacher_holiday2

It's perfectly feasible...likely for most clubs...that some of the players in these teams will still be of school/college age. Meaning that for an away fixture to central belt (or one of them coming up here) they won't be home until around midnight.....that's if they can secure the time off from classes to allow them to travel in the first place. And the wonder why clubs struggle to bring through young players?

How is that scenario any different to games being played in the afternoon midweek? You could play the game at 10am and they'd still need to take a whole day off.

It is likely to be the other way round, in that to allow those who have college/school to play after classes. Of course this only benefits the central belt teams playing each other, but then isn't the rationale of the SPFL to be for the benefit of the central belt teams ?

That's fairy snuff actually...lol.

I did have an argument about only disrupting one day instead of two...but it was BS...you got me fair and square!

Id be buzzing if i got the day off school to play for the u20s

U20 players tend to be either part time in school or have totally left. From my experience of being in school with a couple of them over the last couple years. Missing a morning or an afternoon makes no difference. I'd prefer if the game was in the afternoon myself as i have training on a Tuesday evening but ict is clearly conspiring against me this season! :lol: