FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

U20s

Yngwie

Did anyone else spot something going on towards the end with the Celtic number 2 and Tommy the Groundsman?  Looked like there was something going on between them!

Haha yeah i saw that i think it was because Tommy didn't want to go get the ball and made him get it 

Kick off time wise, majority of players in the u20s will be full time at the clubs, however, those who were full time over the last few years were also encouraged by the SPL to attend college courses on top of the usual footie training. ( Trying to prepare them if things didnt work out ). The inclusion of some lower tier teams ( not The Rangers ) may also mean the under 20s they have may well be school / college / part time basis, which would help them get their teams together. Makes sense in the Summer, but as said will cost club a fair bit to use floodlights in Winter.

The Rangers exclusion last year was partly down to the administration stuff. As they were not a viable club the new club could not meet existing standards to gain acceptance into the league ( approved coached, working with youngsters checks, etc amongst loads of other stipulations ), so they couldnt be approved for the league, one year on they were able to have the SPFL do their audits.

He doesn't look any less fit than the rest of them, but I would guess that Celtic U20 full backs are more intelligent and faster than those that play for the likes of Forres and Keith.  As I said, he started fairly well, but seemed to disappear as the game went on, possibly through the Celtic defenders cutting him off and dealing with him before he had a chance to damage them.

Could be!

I saw a video about the selection process by Celtic for bringing over young lads from Ireland and it was rigorous and challenging and there were a few tears when the final selections were announced.

They had a fairly small group of, say, 6 or 7 young players and at least two, if not three, had to go back home after the testing and training had completed. Interesting though.

I was just wondering how promising the current u20s are, as I rate Christie and Polworth along with Ferguson who now has international recognition

Beat Aberdeen 1-0 then lost 3-2 to Celtic if thats anything to go by.

Yeah I was meaning how many of the current u20s will probably be in the first team next year other than the tied down contracts for Polly and Christie

2-2 FT. I'd have gone if I'd known it was on, grrrr.

Why didn't you check the official club website - all the under 20s games are listed there and, if any doubt, phone the Club direct for kick off times.  Simples.