FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

AlternativeNess

Action Man

A "leave your car at home" day is being planned for Inverness on 17th of September. With all this talk about global warming and traffic congestion this would seem an ideal opportunity to discover what alternative means of travel the good folk of Inverness and surrounding areas can either access or try something different. Cycling or walking would be good, but it will be interesting to discover whether our public transport system can deliver the goods. There is also talk of laying turf in a street in Inverness, banning cars for the day and turning it into a " green " space. Get's my vote. :022:

Thousands of free bus vouchers were given out for this (do you realise it was last September?) and as far as I am aware not a single one was used.

Definately this year CD, and I have noted just a tad of cynicism creeping into this topic already. Why not try something different, just for one day, leaving the car at home ( if possible ) seems like a good idea to me. If we don't try alternatives how are we going to change things. I would urge everyone who can to give it a go.

Nobody, and I mean nobody, will be esred with this. There is no way folk will leave the comfort of their motors to take part... :020:

As you are not an elected spokesman for the general public I can only assume you mean you can't be ersed and you will stick to your car. That would be your choice. The whole idea about " AlternativeNess " is to dedicate one day to trying something different from the daily grind that is clogging up the roads of Sneck every day. Just for fun the old Kessock ferry service will be running that day, and there is a mass cycle planned from Beauly to Inverness.

A park and walk is being arranged from the stadium for commuters, I wonder if the club will be involved in some form.

This would be an ideal opportunity for the club to raise it's profile locally, maybe getting the players involved in walking with the commuters?