FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

caley stewards

Feb82000

14 minutes ago, Alex MacLeod said:

Probably in case it contained alcohol. Many grounds dont allow bottles brought in even if plastic as full bottle can be used as missile. Most of those will sell bottled water but will put it in a papercup

You've not been allowed to bring your own drink (non alcoholic) into Scottish football grounds since the early 80s - in case you were trying to smuggle booze in. Also, when they sell you a bottle of juice, you don't get to keep the lid in case you use it as a missile. 

15 minutes ago, Alex MacLeod said:

Probably in case it contained alcohol. Many grounds dont allow bottles brought in even if plastic as full bottle can be used as missile. Most of those will sell bottled water but will put it in a papercup

I once saw a drunk bloke throw his pie but it disintegrated over spectators before it reached the pitch, like a meteor breaking up in the atmosphere but with out the flames, or the spectacular lights, or the noise, or trail that follows, 

OK it was kind of like a pie falling apart.

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, caleyboy said:

All these problems must be coming from the THISTLE stewards no the CALEY ones. :wink::wink::lol:

I think they travel up from the central belt for the match.

I wonder if they have any seats spare for central belt fans.

As long you don't mind being constantly told to sit down or you get ejected from the minibus.

13 hours ago, 12th Man said:

I once saw a drunk bloke throw his pie but it disintegrated over spectators before it reached the pitch, like a meteor breaking up in the atmosphere but with out the flames, or the spectacular lights, or the noise, or trail that follows, 

My late father used to talk about a supposed actual event at Grant Street Park.

The stand-side lineman felt something strike his shoulder, and when he glanced down, he saw something roughly circular on the ground. He assumed it was a pie ... until it started to move off.

Someone had lobbed a live tortoise at him.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

The stand-side lineman felt something strike his shoulder, and when he glanced down, he saw something roughly circular on the ground. He assumed it was a pie ... until it started to move off.

Ya beauty! Was that before or after the live greyhound race with Mapples at half time.

9 hours ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

Touché.

9 hours ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

Maybe it was being set free.