FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Battery Project - Chairman's Statement

DoofersDad

On 3/22/2024 at 6:01 PM, Stephen Malkmus said:

The most relevant bias being displayed here is cognitive bias from people who understand that climate change is happening, but believe that an absolutely miniscule risk to themselves is worth scuppering this project over. 

The largest recorded wildfire in UK history occurred 26 miles west of Inverness just last year. That's a fire that we should be concerned about.

This is virtue signalling and greenwashing to try and wish away some understandable concerns. Maybe the clubs expert buddies could have helped them front run the concerns and mitigate them as part of their shoestring budget planning application.

• Funny 1

12 hours ago, wilsywilsy said:

This is virtue signalling and greenwashing to try and wish away some understandable concerns. Maybe the clubs expert buddies could have helped them front run the concerns and mitigate them as part of their shoestring budget planning application.

Or in the words of Mr Gardiner, "Clickbait Proponents"

• tm4tj unpinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Pele_Is_God said:

How about getting rid of our CEO (which we don’t need).

We need a full time employee to run the club, whether or not it is him. Also worth bearing in mind that it would probably cost a 5 figure sum to pay him off, at a time when we have no money.

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Yngwie said:

We need a full time employee to run the club, whether or not it is him. Also worth bearing in mind that it would probably cost a 5 figure sum to pay him off, at a time when we have no money.

I don't believe our CEO is actually a direct employee of the club. From my understanding he's contracted as a consultant (and he's not the only one).  

• Thoughtful 1

2 hours ago, IBM said:

I have put this in here as it is linked.  Inverness Caley Thistle chairman says club is facing ‘significant pressure on our cash flow’

Inverness Caley Thistle chairman says club is facing ‘significant pressure on our cash flow’ (inverness-courier.co.uk)

Aside from cashflow they may want money in before the accounts are due at the end of next month, assuming they don't delay them again, and everyone gets a fuller picture of how bad a financial mess we're in.

• Agree 1

Scott Gardiner being no longer required saves the club a reported 100k a year . It’s not rocket science to anyone that he needs to go . It’s been one disaster after another for our much disliked  CEO . How can the club expect any sponsor to inject cash into the club when money like this is squandered on paying his wage . Has he actually achieved anything significant since his appointment or was it just jobs for the boys act with Ross Morrison ? Seems to be more clowns about the club than Billy Smarts Circus . 

• Agree 1
  • Well Said 1

In other news Alex Chisholm, former Police Inspector of the parish and Clach stalwart joins us in the back office, apparently becoming our second Child Protection Officer alongside another Police retiree Willie Maclennan ( talk about a thin blue line) .. Unsure why  this is seen as a priority unless we have a big paper bill at Rodgers ... either that or Scot Gardiner has heard he can get him tickets for Ibrox & Stamford Bridge ..

7 minutes ago, Leaky Blinder said:

In other news Alex Chisholm, former Police Inspector of the parish and Clach stalwart joins us in the back office, apparently becoming our second Child Protection Officer alongside another Police retiree Willie Maclennan ( talk about a thin blue line) .. Unsure why  this is seen as a priority unless we have a big paper bill at Rodgers ... either that or Scot Gardiner has heard he can get him tickets for Ibrox & Stamford Bridge ..

The club statement was that “in the first instance” he will be a CPO, and that “he will be involved in a number of roles”, which is interesting.

• Funny 1

14 hours ago, IBM said:

I have put this in here as it is linked.  Inverness Caley Thistle chairman says club is facing ‘significant pressure on our cash flow’

Inverness Caley Thistle chairman says club is facing ‘significant pressure on our cash flow’ (inverness-courier.co.uk)

This confirms what everyone understood from the comments made by the Chairman at the recent Fans' Meeting, and demonstrates the difficult financial situation, particularly if the Scottish Government Reporter does not approve the Battery Farm.

It also highlights the importance of the Stronger Together initiative by the Supporters Trust, which is aimed at increasing the voice of fans within the club and, therefore, on the decisions that the club takes.

It aims to raise funds to purchase shares in the club, but the Trust Board will only decide to purchase shares when it is happy with commitments given by the club.

If you have not already given your support, it is easy to do, with full details in this thread:

https://caleythistleonline.com/topic/36186-stronger-together-how-to-contribute/

In summary, the payment options are:

To make a recurring monthly payment through Stripe, use this link:

https://buy.stripe.com/5kA00Fe5U5Sq4YoaEE

The link allows recurring payments to be made on a monthly basis. The default setting is £10, but you can change this to any sum by clicking on "Qty 1", which appears below "ICT Sharesave". Changing the quantity to 2 makes the recurring payment £20, changing the quantity to 5 makes the recurring payment £50 etc.

To make a one off payment through Stripe, use this link:

https://buy.stripe.com/28o9Bfd1Q4OmcqQ3ce

Simply insert the sum you wish to donate.

These methods are in addition to those available at the launch, full details of which are in our brochure:

https://www.ictsupporterstrust.org/stronger-togetherd

The link contains all you need to make one off or regular payments via your mobile banking app or internet banking, and also a Standing Order form that you can print and complete. The Standing Order form has the Supporters Trust bank details pre-populated, with these details which also apply for payments via your mobile banking app or internet banking:

Sort Code: 83-23-10

Account Number: 11486617

Account Name: Inverness Caledonian Thistle Supporters Society Sharesave.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

15 hours ago, Leaky Blinder said:

Given he was chairman at Clach for so long, when the club had significant links with Orion, is Chisholm an ally of Alan Savage by any chance?

20 hours ago, STFU said:

Aside from cashflow they may want money in before the accounts are due at the end of next month, assuming they don't delay them again, and everyone gets a fuller picture of how bad a financial mess we're in.

And those accounts are for the year that ended in 30 May 2023 so nearly another year has passed, which presumably has caused things to worsen further. 

• Well Said 1

43 minutes ago, Robert said:

And those accounts are for the year that ended in 30 May 2023 so nearly another year has passed, which presumably has caused things to worsen further. 

The May 2023 results ought to be pretty good as they will include the benefit of reaching the cup final, as well as the profit we made from the concerts (renting the stadium out).

The year to May 2024, however, will presumably see us revert back to losing £0.5m - £1m.

• Funny 1

31 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

The May 2023 results ought to be pretty good as they will include the benefit of reaching the cup final, as well as the profit we made from the concerts (renting the stadium out).

The year to May 2024, however, will presumably see us revert back to losing £0.5m - £1m.

Then why delay the release?

• Well Said 1

The cup final was on 3 June so would revenue for that not be reported in the year to May 2024 rather than last year?

I read on here some time back that the cup windfall was used to repay Directors’ loans. I don’t know if that was an informed comment or speculation. 

13 minutes ago, Robert said:

The cup final was on 3 June so would revenue for that not be reported in the year to May 2024 rather than last year?

Good question! I had totally forgotten that the final itself fell into June. However, it doesn’t really matter, as companies can choose to prepare their accounts to a date that is up to 7 days before or after their published year end date. For a football club it would make sense to make use of this flexibility so that the results for the entire football season are included.

I assume our Chairman has been quoted correctly in his letter to sponsors, otherwise the club would probably have issued a correction of some form.  What I find really disappointing is that he again makes the argument that permission should be given because the club is making such a positive use use of green space elsewhere in the City.  He was rightly criticised on this point by several Councillors at the planning meeting and yet he keeps banging on about it.  He just doesn't seem to understand the basic fact that those making the decision on a planning application need to be seen to base their decision on matters pertaining directly to the application.  Getting in a public huff about the fact that elected Councillors and Council Officials have not allowed other matters to be a factor in the decision, only further sours the relationship between Club and Council.  It is, frankly, naive and embarrassing.  The relevant and much stronger "green space" argument is that the proposal contains a commitment to plant a variety of trees and shrubs on the site which will increase both the biodiversity and the carbon capture potential of the site.

I'm afraid I don't have a lot of confidence that the decision will be reversed.  I also think it would be prudent to plan on the basis that it won't go through.  If I was a sponsor I would not be paying my sponsorship early, I would want to be holding back and seeing what the promised financial restructuring involved.

• Agree 3
  • Thoughtful 1

I find this whole situation very worrying. This to me smells of desperation and a current crisis financially. This is like trying to put a plaster on the situation here and now whilst at the same time giving yourself 15% less money which seems crazy. A club with no money that can afford to get 15% less from sponsors. There is so much focus from the club on the battery farm and with it seems much confidence that it will get the go ahead down the line. I think until they know 100% that the battery farm will go ahead then it needs to be forgot about and not factored into our clubs future. Its a very sad situation we find ourselves in and the outcome of this crisis might just be every fans fear unfortunately.  

• Agree 4