FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Phil Marsh

kencar

ha ha ha, cracker 4th stand  :015:

Nope, but saw this on teamtalk.com:

Caley face Marsh competition - CC

Inverness boss Charlie Christie knows he must move quickly to sign Phil Marsh if the former Manchester United reserve impresses on trial.

The versatile 20-year-old is expected to face Keith in a pre-season game on Saturday and could also be involved against Inverurie Locos on Sunday.

Christie recognises there is interest in Marsh from south of the border and plans to make a quick decision.

He said: "Phil has trained with us this week and done very well and he can play midfield or at the back.

"I hope he'll be involved in our weekend friendlies at Keith and Inverurie.

"But I know he has a couple of offers from England so we'll need to make up our minds quite soon."

Marsh began his career as a striker but became a regular for United's reserves in defence, before being released in June.

Inverness are set to sign 17-year-old Irish goalkeeper Andrew McNulty, who will go into the club's under-19 squad, while 19-year-old First Vienna midfielder Martin Pusic is awaiting international clearance to play in this weekend's games.

and this on the BBC:

Inverness set to decide on Marsh

Inverness have former Manchester United youngster Phil Marsh on trial but face competition for his signature.

The veratile 20-year-old was a regular for the Old Trafford reserves before being released in June.

"Phil has trained with us this week and done very well," said Caley Thistle manager Charlie Christie.

"I hope he'll be involved in our weekend friendlies. But I know he has a couple of offers from England so we'll need to make up our minds quite soon."

Marsh began his career as a striker but played more often in defence during his time with Manchester United.

Meanwhile, teenage Austrian midfielder Martin Pusic is awaiting international clearance to play in this weekend's games at Keith and Inverurie.

Think he would have the sense to sign for us as we are an SPL side than huddersfield or tranmere rovers in league 1. Then again I may be mistaken because John Sutton prefered league 2 in england than SPL in Scotland. Hope we get him though. Another good signing if Christie signs him  :022:

Think he would have the sense to sign for us as we are an SPL side than huddersfield or tranmere rovers in league 1. Then again I may be mistaken because John Sutton prefered league 2 in england than SPL in Scotland. Hope we get him though. Another good signing if Christie signs him  :022:

They can probably offer 5x more than we can minimum.

They can probably offer 5x more than we can minimum.

Wouldn't suprise me that they could offer better contracts but apparently he was offered trials at tranmere and huddersfield but decided to come on a trial to ICT instead.  He could still go on trial to the other teams though, but if he decided to come on trial to ICT first, it kind of suggests that he is interested in signing for us.