FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The new "singing" section

Doofer

Why is it that when we are at away games the songs come thick and fast but at home all we seem to hear is CALEY and give me a C, if we could get a few songs going, with sheets with the words handed out, then over time we could get a few songs to keep us going for the game

We have certain fans who attend away games only, although some might be tempted back now that they can make a noise at home.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

these are now banned as they are a possible safety risk. 

what absolute nonsense. (not your statement LG, the reasoning) ..... guess I must be in grave danger every week when this one (supplied by the club) starts making its way round BMO field

[attach=1]

[attach=2]

post-2-1186567706.jpg

post-4-1186567706.jpg

Fair play to the guys in the west stand who were singing on Saturday.  I was using a relatives season tickets for Saturday's game and was sat in the main stand.  Desperately wanted to go over and join you's rather than being surrounded by snobs in suits who hardly watched the game.  What about approaching the club to see if they will assist with the costs of songsheets?  I know it's a long shot, but at the end of the day, we're filling their pockets week in week out, whats a tenner for a hundred photo copies and a great atmosphere in the ground...? :024:

Ill not write the songs but im perfectly willing to do the photocopying.

If there are to be songsheets then we are more than willing to put them up here in word or PDF format for people to print off. Almost everyone must have access to a printer and even if a few dozen folk printed off 3 or 4 copies each it would probably be enough.

If there are to be songsheets then we are more than willing to put them up here in word or PDF format for people to print off. Almost everyone must have access to a printer and even if a few dozen folk printed off 3 or 4 copies each it would probably be enough.

Sounds like a plan :024:

Guest TinCanFan

I guess it was a bit of a mad idea but on the same note that bloke with the megaphone should bring it to every game.  It gives it a bit more atmosphere but I don't know if the stewards would approve.

If we wis to do something like this Scotty we'd have to openly  agree on what songs would be included.

For instance, can Caleyonline condone swearing, as if not thats Carefree out the window already.

If we wis to do something like this Scotty we'd have to openly agree on what songs would be included. For instance, can Caleyonline condone swearing, as if not thats Carefree out the window already.

You make a very good point, one which I had not considered. Any songsheet would not technically be a CaleyThistleOnline document. However, as we would be hosting it for those who wrote it we would have to consider the content when making a decision on whether we would be able to do that.

I personally dont have a problem with most swear words but I am sure there are those that do, especially if they have younger kids. As this site can be viewed by kids and adults alike then I would be a little wary of certain swear words appearing in full. It might be an option to produce the songsheet with offending words asterisked out - I am sure most people would figure it out if you left in the first letter. might that be an acceptable compromise ?

At the Scotland Turkey international, a bunch of fans in the south stand were singing the tune 'when the saints go marching in' with the words;

oh Inverness, is wonderful

oh Inverness is won-der-ful

It's got a bridge and a castle,

oh Inverness is won-der-ful!

It started easily enough, as all it took was for one person to start 'Oh Inverness!' and folk round about started to join in.

Crazy lyrics, but you can't argue with them, and everyone knows the tune! Strange though....I haven't heard it since then?

:030:

Put the singing section back in section A, I couldn't even hear the drums from the main stand. ASK THE PLAYERS  if more noise was generated by having the singing area in section A,  It encourages fans in the Main and North stand to make some noise.  STAND UP FOR SECTION A! STAND UP FOR SECTION A!

Put the singing section back in section A, I couldn't even hear the drums from the main stand. ASK THE PLAYERS  if more noise was generated by having the singing area in section A,  It encourages fans in the Main and North stand to make some noise.  STAND UP FOR SECTION A! STAND UP FOR SECTION A!

i personally feel this to be unjustified.  to be fair the Rangers game was always going to be diffucult to create an atmosphere amongst the home fans.  If you could at least keep an open mind about united then i am sure we can improve the noise.

• 2 weeks later...

At the Scotland Turkey international, a bunch of fans in the south stand were singing the tune 'when the saints go marching in' with the words;

It started easily enough, as all it took was for one person to start 'Oh Inverness!' and folk round about started to join in.

Crazy lyrics, but you can't argue with them, and everyone knows the tune! Strange though....I haven't heard it since then?

Every time i hear that "song " it makes me cringe it is so pre school !

Just read this on the liverpool website, thought it was quite interesting as at the end there's an ex-liverpool player commenting on the affect the fans singing had on his, and the team's, performance. The Reclaim the Kop thing has been going down pretty well too - perhaps those  trying to get the singing section off the ground could ask for advice from people involved there, or from other clubs etc around the UK.

Luis Garcia on liverpool fans

lyrics from the Kop

I'm stuck in Cambridge and can't even afford a Megabus up to Inverness to watch them play as my finances stand at the moment. So I won't comment much on issues like the singing section.  I just hope that we end up with a singing section which supports the team win, lose or draw for when I do manage to start heading up for games!

I don't know whether those at CaleyThistleOnline would be willing (or allowed) to put a couple of pages for a singing section on the main site or perhaps put a sub-forum for people to discuss the matter or submit songs; or whether there's enough people to warrant them doing that (as I've come in a bit late into these threads!).  But if there's owt I can do to help just give me a shout.

Every time i hear that "song " it makes me cringe it is so pre school !

Tis pure feckin magic :022: :022:

If, "oh Inverness" is pre school then what the heck is "give me a C.."!! Away games still prove to be the best games to go to.  Usually cheaper tickets, closer pubs and great atmosphere with ICT fans.  If only we could get it at home.  Lets see, make tickets cheaper, get us the pub or club we have been promised at the ground and then you shall a bigger crowd with probably more drink in them willing to sing no matter what.  Would you not agree that this is the ideal mix IHE?