FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The new "singing" section

Doofer

What a joke that turned out to be. The supporters seriously need to come out with some songs to make an atmosphere cos at the momment it is dire. The ICT crowd was completely drowned out by rangers which was hardly difficult seeing as no one was singing. Songs need to be thought up and also kept clean so everyone can sing them, young, old, everyone.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TinCanFan

I reckon it should be renamed the "Silent Section" because that's what it was for most of the game.  There was more people singing behind the goal than there was in the singing section.

Guest Arab4Ever

i heard on the radio some wee boy was told by stewards to sit down in the singing section for standing up and applauding mcdonald when he came on :015: :015: :015:

Great idea but we as fans have to give it some impetus.

F@@~ the stewards, we pay good money to attend games, to enjoy ourselves and hopefully see our team victorious in their pursuits. If 300 fans all stand up for a rendition of stand up for the Caley Jags is Mr BarSteward going to throw every single one out - I think not. Also I have never in all my time as a Caley fan seen our fans been chaperoned (by a member of the football trust) until today - what a joke.

So next time lets see a full house in the singing section - and if 2000 away fans stand up - then we'll all stand up for the Caley Jags until every single away fan sits down regardless of what the stewards say.

Bring back the football tribalism that we lack......................stand up fer the CALEY JAGS.

Guest Atholl

i heard on the radio some wee boy was told by stewards to sit down in the singing section for standing up and applauding mcdonald when he came on :015: :015: :015:

That "some wee boy" was my six foot tall sixteen year old son, as he wasn't a knuckle dragger spitting bile against the Catholic Church it was deemed offensive .. There might be only one United but that really takes the biscuit... :tic01:

Guest theflamehaired1

Before all this critism comes in...

Were any of you in the singing section?

My throat is still hoarse.

The problem is not that the usual lads who sung last season in NorthStand and SectionA weren't in good voice today, just that there needs to be more of us.

Were still plenty of folk in West Stand not making much noise. My understanding was people were free to move to those seats on the condition they made noise?

And don't blame the singing section for lack of atmosphere, there is only so much 4 rows can do, it's up to the supporters in other areas to follow the lead of the singing section.

Also, it doesn't help when the police and stewards are continually threatening ejection for standing. A sitting singing section just aint going to happen.

Apparently Deano is the only one who appreciates us, promising to celebrate his first goal with the WS. :021:

Guest Arab4Ever

That "some wee boy" was my six foot tall sixteen year old son, as he wasn't a knuckle dragger spitting bile against the Catholic Church it was deemed offensive .. There might be only one United but that really takes the biscuit... :tic01:

ok my bad. anyway yes its ironic hence the laughter.

i expect you will have better luck with your signing section on the 25th given the circumstances. ie you hate utd, we hate ict and there will be no away fans mingling about in your end.

will you al stop slagging the singing section

the only way it will work is if people go in it bar the 30 people who sing at every game!

if you complain about the lack of noise then you go in the singign section and show us how its done! :015: :015: :015: :33:

I really don't blame the fans in the WS for not making a lot of noise today as our players were doing absolutely feck all to merit it. Fans will get animated and sing when we threaten the oppositions' goal but that never happened today. I still think it's a good idea and let's give it more time to see if it works.

A roof would definitely help though. What happened to the roof that used to be over the Bridge End terracing before the North Stand was built? It could be used if it is still around.

We got right behind the team in the singing section but when your team plays pish and people don't want to sing in the singing section and you have stewards bothering ya it's quite hard to raise an atmosphere. And if the rest of the stadium sang then maybe we might have as good a crowd as the OF.

i was in the "singing" section today and apart from the four rows that were moved today because setanta  didnt want the noise drowning out their wonderful comentry.No one else seemed even slightly interested in singing .

i think half the folk were in there for a better view rather than a better atmosphere.

and as for the sensible stewarding that was a joke we were being hounded every two mins to sit down while 100 or so rangers fans jumped about singing in the main stand.

A very common sense idea to put seats on the old terraces....should've been done 2 years ago!. Why not continue the seat over the rest of the terracing...could be used for OF & dons fans ? Surely would pay for itself over the season.

Definitely need a roof though...the sound is lost without one.

Guest TinCanFan

I know what to do!  Give everyone in the singing section a microphone and let them sing to their hearts content.  That'll bring some atmosphere to Caley Stadium.

What the Singing Section needs is some loud mouthed drunken old **** who doesnt give a feck and sings simply fer the sake of it.

Aint you the man for that job  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I was in the singing section with my mum partner and son we would have been singing but were to busy trying to keep the dust from going in our eyes even with me glasses on had to take em off and cleam em

We also had 3 Rangers fans in front of us and and 3 more moved from north stand to join them .

Guest WynessLegend

It is obvious that a singing section will not work as such at a sell-out game.

It will come into its own when those who want to sing can freely move there, and those who don't can freely leave ie for the majority of or home games.

When that happens all we need is a bit entertainment decent enough to make us feel like singing.

Guest ICT CGS

For the people at the top of the page complaining how about you come and join us before moaning on the website about poor atmosphere? As already said on here,a roof would definetly help along with ALOT more people joining us! Its not gonna work if people sit on here and slag the people for trying to make noise! So against Utd at home why dont yous come over an join us :004:.

Around where i was sitting in section G on the north stand, there was manly people that never looked like would ever sing, i would but i would look like a rite plum standing up and i doubt many people would join in either.  The odd shout of CALEY aint gonna do much, and i hardly call that singing. I think the club needs a signature song like celtic and liverpool have u'll never walk alone, something along those lines, a song we can call our own. Suggestions?