FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The new "singing" section

Doofer

Guest ICT CGS

Yeah,having a signature song is a good idea,one me and my mates have spoken about for a while,but we could never think of the right one! Does this mean doofer that you'l come into the west stand for Utd. at home and join us singing?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i really cant believe what i am reading here!!  why should all the young ones be left to create the atmoshpere??if there wernt so many stewards hasseling us and  people who sing instead of complaining about us online why not join us?? maybe we could get more people that actually want to come to a game and sing instead of just watching the game then we might just be able to create a good atmosphere

Guest Atholl

Yeah,having a signature song is a good idea,one me and my mates have spoken about for a while,but we could never think of the right one! Does this mean doofer that you'l come into the west stand for Utd. at home and join us singing?

I agree .. difficult because it has to be original but with a tune that is catchy, recognised and had a bit of street cred... As an ageing Punk the only one for me that fits the bill I could add to a shortlist is Sham 69s If the Kids are United.. (the young guys will have to go to You Tube)

The original lyrics of the verse that lends itself to a chant are

If the kids are united,

Then we'll never be divided.

If the kids are united,

Then we'll never be divided. 

My humble songwriting skills have come up with..

Red and Blue were United

Now we'll never be divided

From up the Crown or Howden Ender

Now ICT we still remember

I came up with this thinking of the older gits like me struggling to let go but slowly moving on.. it acknowledges our separate pasts (and possibly mutual music tastes once upon a time) but embraces the future together without selling out our past allegiances.. (Thought I'd better explain my thought processes and inspirations like all my peers in the songwriting game.... )

and no I didn't have to smoke a spliff to be creative man just a cup of herbal tea ...  :crazy07:

Guest Atholl

There is already an ICT CD of a version of this song.  Yompa - where are you.  :003:

Are the lyrics the same . if so I assure you plagiarism was not involved, ****... hours spent in my bespoke recording studio today.. for nothing...  :024:

Give the singing section a break, i too did have banter with one unnamed individual regarding lack of noise(Julie) but to be fair The Rangers game was always gonna be a hard one to make any inroads into home crowd atmosphere, they all probably made more noise than we credit them for but were always going to be drowned out by the Gers fans on the day. My advice would be for all you singing section guys to try and strike up banter between yourselves and a section in the North stand.

How about starting with a chant between two sections Charlie Christies Blue & Red army, so the singing section start by chanting said chant whilst pointing at the North stand section, who in return reply with same chant whilst pointing at singing section, down at Bristol Rovers they do this and it really gets going each section trying to out do the other, this also leads on to variations in chant.

By the way my 7 year old daughter has been singing a Caley song for the past week, that she made up which in all fairness it ain't bad have to get her to write the words down on here...

ICT CGS,  If i am still here and not bk at uni then i will curtainly come over and join in. As long as you dont mind my old man as he would prob come over too. You cant miss me, have doofer on the back of my shirt. See you than. And i hope a lot more people reading this will come to that stand as well.

why are people complianing about the lack of singing in the west stand from the north stand the only people who have the right to complain was the ones who were over their trying to create atmosphere. i was there singing on saturday but everytime we stood up and started songs we were threatned with ejection by a jobs worthy steward and a w***k of a policeman. i myself was told that i was going to be removed from the stadium because of swearing as i was shouting abuse at the rangers players , thats what the rangers players are there for , there were people in the north stand singing and would ask them to come and join us and help create an atmosphere. i do think the west stand wil improve when we are actually attcking for at least some part of the game.

I was told that i was going to be removed from the stadium because of swearing as i was shouting abuse at the rangers players , thats what the rangers players are there for

No. the Rangers players are not there to be abused, they are there to play football.

Abuse and swearing does not equal atmosphere. You can have a singing section that rips the **** out of the opposition without it becoming (extremely) abusive but if you are abusing the players and exacerbating that abuse by adding on copious amounts of swearing then you deserve to be chucked out.

I think we should put it down to first night nerves. Its easy to sing but not quite so easy when its expected of you.

Don't worry about it, it will come good.

I have some sympathy with you regarding the steward, 30 mins before the kick off he was telling me to get to my seat when queried he replyed orders from above, that must be from the same people who didn't see or hear the rangers songs, so its ok to to sing offensive songs as long as you are in your seat 30mins before the ko.

:crazy07:The steward was the same one who spent most of the evening at the Elton  John gig throwing his weight about threatening people with expulsion if they didn'move away from the wall.

Well thats my rant over :crazy07: :crazy07: :crazy07:

Guest TinCanFan

:crazy07:The steward was the same one who spent most of the evening at the Elton  John gig throwing his weight about threatening people with expulsion if they didn'move away from the wall.

Are you sure that wasn't Elton himself? :015:

What about having some big flags like the one the OF have?

Well guess what these are now banned as they are a possible safety risk.  :rolleyes02: Expensive to get made too.

Guest macgint71

Why is it that when we are at away games the songs come thick and fast but at home all we seem to hear is CALEY and give me a C, if we could get a few songs going, with sheets with the words handed out, then over time we could get a few songs to keep us going for the game

It needs a roof, and more seats to make it higher, and needs more peeps to sing louder.

It is however a step in the right direction, and it brought back memories as i was sitting just about the same place i used to stand during the old pre SPL days..... :014: