FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Celtic Store in Inverness

DaveDargo

I noticed an advert in the Courier yesterday advertising for jobs in a new Celtic store in Inverness city centre.

I have to say that I think that it's a fantastic coup for Inverness to have not one but two of the best football clubs in Scotland with stores in Inverness!  It will mean that all the real fans of these clubs that live in Inverness but can't get to the game, so are forced to watch it in the pub, can feel more in touch with their club!

Or of course it may just mean more idiots walking round head to toe in Celtic memorabilia like the Rangers fans currently do. 

Thoughts?

My thoughts are.....the beauty of living in a democracy is that ppl should have the freedom to support whoever they like and dress head to toe in whichever teams colours they wish without being labled "idiots"

There are plenty of ICT fans on this board who have no real links to Inverness or ICT other than choosiing to excercise their right to follow who they please.

I think it is wrong to tap into someone elses patch, however many glory supporters happen to live there. A few years ago, Man Utd set up a shop in Croydon, it was forced out by mass protests organised by fans on cpfc.org  :021:

Guest TinCanFan

What annoys me is that last time I went in JJB a few months ago, there was no ICT shirts.  There was of course their typical supply of the wall of Celtic stuff, the wall of Rangers stuff, and a whole bunch of Scotland, AC Milan, Real Madrid, Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea etc, even LA Galaxy, yet nothing from (either) of the local teams.  

TCF...the sad fact is...there simply isnt the intrest in the ICT top to merit stocking it. If there was demand it, you can be sure it would be in their intrest to stock em.

What annoys me is that last time I went in JJB a few months ago, there was no ICT shirts.  There was of course their typical supply of the wall of Celtic stuff, the wall of Rangers stuff, and a whole bunch of Scotland, AC Milan, Real Madrid, Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea etc, even LA Galaxy, yet nothing from (either) of the local teams.  

Do ICT out source any of their merchandise? I got my shirt from the website. I know that Palace stuff is only available from the club, and is not in any local shops. This has been going on for some years now, not just since we have been with errea. I will say that the quality and style of ICT shirt is better than CPFC

Guest TinCanFan

TCF...the sad fact is...there simply isnt the intrest in the ICT top to merit stocking it. If there was demand it, you can be sure it would be in their intrest to stock em.

Sad but true.

Do ICT out source any of their merchandise? I got my shirt from the website. I know that Palace stuff is only available from the club, and is not in any local shops. This has been going on for some years now, not just since we have been with errea. I will say that the quality and style of ICT shirt is better than CPFC

The only place you can get stuff is from the shop at TCS but you might be able to order stuff now but I'm not sure.

I'm annoyed because the only place you can get caley stuff is at the stadium and It's hard to get there especial if you can't drive and no buses go past!!

I think some mental person should go in the Celtic shop with a rangers top on and vies versea and slang them of!!

Did the advert say they were looking for a 'manager' ?  :024:

I boycott JJB these days, ever since they set up their sponsorship deal with rangers !!

I once went into the club shop at Parkhead to ask for directions after I got lost going through Glasgow...wearing a Man City shirt

By the time the neds had worked out what their policy on this was (Celtic-ManU has many links but City confused them) I'd been told the way to the A82 and had gone. Mind if you heard me speak you'd never guess I was born up here

Depressingly a Celtic shop will probably do well in Sneck judging by the number of north Celtic / Rangers fans who call up phone in shows to prattle on endlessly about the Old Firm. Do they want to talk about ICT, County, Elgin or Peterhead ? Not a chance. They can support whoever they like I suppose but they should be supporting their local teams. Still, I suppose that'll never happen.

they should sell a few caley things in JJBs in Inverness!!!

It's hard to get to the club shop!!

not ideally set!!

If you find the shop so hard to get to, why not just use the online shop?

To my knowledge, Debenhams no longer sell ICT merchandise.

ICT need a store in Inverness city centre in order to compete with OF stores, and provide a better service the fans. There is a small lot in the railway station which used to be the office for the open top buses. This has been empty for ages and would be ideal for ticket and merchandise sales.

I think the club should speak to Scotrail and investigate the possibilities for using this space. It will come down to money though. ( and ambition. )

Guest birdog

Or of course it may just mean more idiots walking round head to toe in Celtic memorabilia like the Rangers fans currently do. 

Thoughts?

I don't think we will be seeing too many hoopy tops this summer, that lot go into hiding when they win feck all. When they have a good season you can't move fir the feckers though. But ofc there will be plenty of knuckle dragging orcs in hun strips wandering about  :008: