FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Brewster Infront of the Scottish Parliament Board

Guest TinCanFan

Guest TinCanFan

I see Brewster was talking to the Board of Sport at the Scottish Parliament today.  He reckons that kids who play for an SPL youth team are being discriminated against on the way that they cannot also play in their school team.

Have to agree with him. My eldest attends Glenurquhart high school and this is a problem with some of the boys. They want to play for their school but if signed ICT players are not allowed. Does anyone know when this rule came about. I went to the High School in the late 70's and several players played for Caley, Clach and Thistle and the school team. Does it only apply to SPL teams?

Have to agree with him. My eldest attends Glenurquhart high school and this is a problem with some of the boys. They want to play for their school but if signed ICT players are not allowed. Does anyone know when this rule came about. I went to the High School in the late 70's and several players played for Caley, Clach and Thistle and the school team. Does it only apply to SPL teams?

yip it only applys to spl teams

Thats not strictly true. When I was at school (Left 2002) ICT and County put a lot pressure on boys not to play for the school. It only started around the time we got promoted to the 1st but basically it was along the lines of 'if you play for the school you can't play for us'. It was never a problem for Clach, even when I was in 5th/6th year.

Thats not strictly true. When I was at school (Left 2002) ICT and County put a lot pressure on boys not to play for the school. It only started around the time we got promoted to the 1st but basically it was along the lines of 'if you play for the school you can't play for us'. It was never a problem for Clach, even when I was in 5th/6th year.

yes it is true...when you were at school the teams could say to there players but it wasnt a rule plus it only applys to the spl, think it changed in bout 2002-2003