Falkirk Smileymometer

Havent had time to peruse the match comments and as I intend to pontificate more than usual I will just feckin get on with it. IMHO this match put our season into perspective and should define the remainder of it. At least I would hope that is also how Brew, our coaching staff, the management and the players are contemplating the situation today.

To be fair the first half was quite entertaining and we probably edged it - we didnt deserve to go in behind. We palyed some pretty stuff at times - unfortunately not in the last third though. We had three half chances and their goal was yet another Hastings duffer and offside to boot. At half time it was anybodys game.

Falkirk edged the second and they defended and tried to hit on the break. How Rooney didnt get a penalty is beyond me - it could have been a sending off as well - and then the ref didnt even appear to think about booking Rooney as he was clear through on goals. The ref also gave some strange decisions against us but that may well be down to the stick he was getting from Tokely and Duncan.

So in the end we were unlucky - or were we ? That was a poor Falkirk side and they were there fer the taking. We are being punished for not taking our chances but we aint getting much luck either. But tactically we got it all wrong again as per feckin usual. And when I look at personal performances not many got pass marks.

I would really appreciate feedback on this as I cant be the only one who is thinking the following - am I.

ESSON :021: :D :D :D I liked what I saw. He is a bit in the mould of a hypomanic Jim Calder-esque keeper. He is full of energy and always looks to play the quick ball - usually the easy ball, by throwing - not taking his time and hoofing - Mikey could learn from that.

ROSSCOE :D :D :D He is my all time fave BUT - I used to cringe at him a times but I usually had the confidence that he would redeem himself. That confidence is draining. He lost his man on a few occasions last night, players got in behind him and McCann left him dead with pace a few times. He will always give it his all but he was aslo very close to a red card last nite - in similiar cirumstances Black would have been hooked.

HASTINGS :D :D :rotflmao: :thumb04: :018: Why is Brew perservering. The lad can defend but he is making costly mistakes. He gifted the ball to McCann to set up the goal. He may not have got a lot of cover from Imrie but he hasnt got much of a clue when he is the attacking option and he struggles to get back.

MUNRO :D :D :D Methinks Granty is still not 100% and may be carrying an injury. He passed muster but he is nowhere near as mobile or commanding as he can be. And he simply has to stop feckin hoofing it.

DUFF :D :D :D :D :D MOM by a feckin mile. This lad belied his yoof and looked like a proven pro last night. Gives you the warm feeling that he would die for the shirt.

IMRIE :D :D ;) :lol: He is OK on the left when he has to defend but he looked totally cheesed off and ineffective being played on the rite. Was it me or did he get so frustrated that his head clearly went down and he faded out of the game totally.

DUNCAN :D :D :D I will give him pass marks but why the hell play him as the defensive midfielder and the playmaker - GTF Brewster - He is as good a defensive midfielder as there is in the SPL but his forte is sweeping up and playing the simple ball.

McBAIN :015: :D :P Can anybody tell me where he was supposed to have been playing last nite ? What was his feckin role ? I bet nobody feckin knows. He could be a good full back but he is being played here there and everywhere without any clear reason.

COWIE :D :D :D Some good touches in the first half but went missing in action in the second. Did anybody notice where he was when he had the chances at goal - correct - on the right on his right foot - He must be even more cheesed off than Imrie but not as much as me.

WOOD :D :D Showed a couple of bustling runs last nite - It shows how desperate and depleted we are that we are giving him a run in the SPL and not sharpening him up on loan in the SFL.

ROONEY :D :D :D Beginning to improve bit by bit - Looks more mobile, more eager and more pacey.

BAZZA and BARROWMAN - By the time they came on we were chasing the game and Falkirk were defending their lead. They had no chance. Poor VIGURS must have thought what is the point ?

At least after 82 minutes Brewster had the team on the park that should have feckin started !!!!

So tactically - another feckin farce.

I can understand why he played the back five but that must surely be the game that calls fer changes. Esson showed that we have enuff goalkeeping back up; Duff and Munro could gel; but both full backs need benching.

Why persevere with playin the wide men on the wrong foot when it clearly isnt working. Both Cowie and Imrie looked deflated. Play Duncan where he is at his best, play Vigurs from the start and please put Royster in at left back.

But it is the forwards that really worry me - None of them are up to the SPL (yet) and I am not sure whether any of them can run the line alone. I am swaying towards Rooney at the moment - but one thing is clear - you cant play Rooney and Wood together - they are too alike and they got in each others way last nite, at times they looked like a footballing version of Siamese twins. To be honest I dreamt of Graham Bayne last nite - that may just show what I think of the other three - but if we had kept him I reckon we would be heading for a semi.

Can't really argue with much of that. A fair lot has been said already on other threads though. Nobody has mentioned Rossco got a yellow just before the start of the second half.

To be honest I dreamt of Graham Bayne last nite - that may just show what I think of the other three - but if we had kept him I reckon we would be heading for a semi.

In the quiet of your Travelodge? I think you should redraft that sentence :thumb04: :rotflmao:

Edited by The Mantis

A fair lot of peeple are defending Brew on the other threads - as far as I am concerned I am giving - and have been fer two seasons now - clear rationales exposing his tactical ineptness.

Rosscoe is now heading fer a suspension - perhaps this time Proctor will take his chance.

And as fer scoring goals - please tell me if I am wrong - but our forwards rarely inspire you with confidence that they will score - we look like scoring from dead ball sitautions, goalmouth scrambles or strikes from midfielders. That doesnt win you many games - it is not all about being unlucky - ya make yer own luck - and unfortunately losing becomes habitual.

Showed a couple of bustling runs last nite - It shows how desperate and depleted we are that we are giving him a run in the SPL and not sharpening him up on loan in the SFL.

How long does someone need to go on loan for. He was at Montrose last season and done very well.