FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Personal Plea to ICT Fans

CaleyD

I am genuinely concerned for the ICT fans attending the Rangers game on Sunday.

OF matches are generally a more highly charged event, especially when the Home Stands are riddled with OF supporters and with the current mood of the ICT Support I don't think it would take too much for things to tip over into a physical encounter as opposed to the normally restrained verbal exchanges which might be witnessed.

It doesn't take much to kick these things off, but I know that whilst I would never instigate a physical fight with anyone, if I witnessed another ICT fan in trouble I would not hesitate to wade in and assist, and I'm sure I'm not alone in that.

I would hope that the club are also aware of this and will be taking extra precautions when admitting fans to the home end, but I'm not holding my breathe given how clueless they seem to be in regards what's happening right under their noses at ICT.

So, I urge every fan to ignore any Rangers fans among them, or to report them to the Stewards. Please, do not try and take matters into your own hands. If you wish to protest about the manager, then keep your protest to that and do not be drawn into anything else.

Being a normally restrained support might be viewed by some as our weakness and why the club feel the can walk all over us, but we are better than that and the last thing we want/need is to be reading headlines about ICT fan arrests and it being spun as out of control protests in regards to Brewster's removal as manager.

certainly not officially for the home end. my understanding is that they get tickets for the away end and it's the same with cellic.

however, that won't stop some folk buying tics for the home end when they go on public sale. very difficult to police that one if they're from inverness...

however, that won't stop some folk buying tics for the home end when they go on public sale. very difficult to police that one if they're from inverness...

not really ... there are a number of ways to implement ticketing schemes .... whether its vouchers, a club database which would show who tickets were sold to, or whether its stewards and police making a point of ejecting anyone during the game who displays opposition colours or makes it obvious they support the other team.

If the club gain a reputation for cracking down on this, word will soon travel ..... heck, they could even pretend that these away fans in the home end are home fans and harass them as normal !!!

Does our board still sell tickets to Local Rangers fans?

certainly not officially for the home end. my understanding is that they get tickets for the away end and it's the same with cellic.

:rotflmao:

I didn't intend this thread to go down the line of bashing the club for their methods of distributing tickets, or what stewards might or might do when discovering away fans in the home end.......we all know that it's a foregone conclusion that they will be there, even with the best will of club and stewards.

The point I was getting at is, we know it will happen and we know some people can get pretty worked up over it, but we have to try and prevent it blowing up as a result of the way fans are feeling about the current situation at TCS.