FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Robbo Returns

JohnRobertson

Robbo,

What would your best starting line up and formation be with the current squad?

hi icy

everyone would have there own particular take on what is or could be the best 11 but good thing is now the competition for places all over the pitch and everyone would have their own reasons or ideas as to who they would play i like my attacking players and looking forward to morais on right with foran on left but hard to say with a lot of good players now at managers disposal

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have loved to ask you a question Robbo, but unfortunately i have only just found this thread and all the questions I would have liked to have asked you have already been asked and answered :rotflmao:

no worries c4ever

anytime i hope?sure it wont be last time i am on as enjoy the crack

John , do you think we would stand a better chance of survival if we had Wyness and Dargo and St Mirren didn't ?

hi wullie

i personaly like both players and while Dennis did not have great season due to injury i would love to have kept him and Dargo 15-20 goals a season sure we would all have wanted him to stay but they have gone so we must back the strikers we have to do the job

John, you have really gone down in my estimations for posting on this site. I can imagine that the previous and current Manager would be perturbed to hear that you were doing so also.

The timing of your postings couldnt have been more obvious - when people start to notice that the ICT fans may have some influence over the board, you try and win them over. Ive always liked the fact that sites like these are for fans to vent their opinions, not the players or (prospective) management of a football club.

Lets imagine you did get the job. How would you feel about TB, and CB for that matter, coming on and posting their thoughts on players, and who is deserving of a start in the team. Wouldnt it also be strange if they also referred to ICT as 'us' and 'we'?

hi 4 4 2

as you have pointed this is a site for anyone and everyone who has a thought on ict and i respect your position totaly as an individual

i would also hope that given my previous appearance was to put certain rumours and hearsay about my professional and personal life to bed so to speak shpuld i not have that right? should i not be able to respond to lies about me that people put out there?i stated at time and still do that i responede to these claims and told everyone honestly and candidly that certain things were untrue and i am pretty sure if anyone made allegations wrongly about yourself in private or proffessional terms you to would want to put record straight i have no hidden agenda nothing to hide was just sick to the back teeth about untruths

as for the we and us i have stated that i am a big fan of the club i stay in inverness have never been critical of any manager or individual and done my best to champion the city and the team in the media i commiteed to the area 6 years ago and want whats best for the club again you are welcome to your opinion as i am to mine if that puts me down in your opinion then thats fine you have that right and for the record i cant see any director or board being influenced by a website if the fans dont want me to answer questions i wont but it would appear a few do and i am happy to do so

kind regards

robbo

Good day - glad to see you back on again. There were some great players on the scottish scene (north and south of the border) when you were playing.

In your opinion who were some of the best players that you played with and against....and who do you think was the best footballer of your time?

hi tichy

wow that is a tough one lots of good players i played with and against to be honest

with sandy jardine craig levein gary mackay john colquhoun jim bett

sandy clark and jimmy bone were brilliant for my development as a player

david bingham at livi was brilliant to play alongside

internationals with mccoist mcstay mcleish were brilliant but most talented without a shadow of a doubt would have to been paul gascoine so sad to see him at moment as gentleman and abilty was frightening

against was the same

miller mcleish butcher roberts hegarty narey maldini baresi were awesome some great players great memoreis

Hi John,

No matter the subject or whoever the poster is there will always be those who seem to find fault or hidden agenda's. Loads of people have come on here and asked sensible questions and the replies have been interesting and informative. Most appreciate you showing a genuine interest in the fortunes of ICT and of Inverness and its very refreshing to hear positive reporting on the radio as opposed to the central belt bias we usually have to endure.

I think I can speak for most in saying thanks for taking the time out to respond to the questioning.

Alex

Hi Robbo

Stirred a few memories with mentions of all these great players there...

Can you mind Neil Berry? I think he ran the players' social club at Tynecastle during the early nineties. He left Hearts for Falkirk then seemed to disappear.

Do you know where he is now and what he's doing?

Hi John,

No matter the subject or whoever the poster is there will always be those who seem to find fault or hidden agenda's. Loads of people have come on here and asked sensible questions and the replies have been interesting and informative. Most appreciate you showing a genuine interest in the fortunes of ICT and of Inverness and its very refreshing to hear positive reporting on the radio as opposed to the central belt bias we usually have to endure.

I think I can speak for most in saying thanks for taking the time out to respond to the questioning.

Alex

hi Alex

thank you it is appreciated as said previously i have no agenda and happy enough to answer questions when asked howver i do respect 4 4 2 opinion he/she has the right to post their own views too i have noyhing against that as i have nothing to hide will resond to any questions today and then will leave it a month or so for you to think up some more should you want to and if contacted and asked to come back on will do so

thanks again

robbo

Hi John

I know from some of your previous posts that you did some coaching work with Dundee UTD.

Have you ever been approached by ICT for a similar coaching position, and if not is it something you would consider since you live in the area?

Cheers

Martin

Hi Robbo

Stirred a few memories with mentions of all these great players there...

Can you mind Neil Berry? I think he ran the players' social club at Tynecastle during the early nineties. He left Hearts for Falkirk then seemed to disappear.

Do you know where he is now and what he's doing?

hi johnboy

yes big'chuck' is alive and well i think he was doing some electrical work for a while but if memory serves me right is working the black cab taxis in edinburgh he was a strong player really fit and an unsung hero amongs the hearts team really appreciated by the players for the unseen work of breaking up play and starting attacks(duncan mcbain) and popped up with the occassional goal to great lad and vary friendly with wayne foster who is a postman in edinburgh

Hi John

I know from some of your previous posts that you did some coaching work with Dundee UTD.

Have you ever been approached by ICT for a similar coaching position, and if not is it something you would consider since you live in the area?

Cheers

Martin

hi martin

no not been appraoched by ict craig invited me down to take the strikers for some work and i have another one soon when weather settles i have also been approached by killi to work with their strikers by billy brown so its b een goood to be asked to keep my hand in but obviously depends on my workload with Orion as to when i can/cannot fit it in

Hi Robbo,

I don't have any direct questions for you but really enjoy reading all the others, thank you for joining us on here and posting. Please don't be put off by the (in my opinion) ridiculous posts by 4-4-2 and Scarlet Pimple. I love your championing of the club on the radio, its really appreciated. I'm glad you've settled in the Highlands and whether or not you end up back at ICT in some form or another I hope you stay an ICT fan.

All the best.

Hi John

quick one, who in your mind is the best player to ever pull on an ICT shirt ?

cheers

hi oats

again this is one sure to have everyone divided in their opinions having played against them take your pick from

calder christie stewart tokely noble mann hercher to name but a few

manager

take your pick from

brown tokely mann golabek wilson bingham ritchie robson wyness christie dods black

if pushed it would be hard to split mann/christie/bingham/wilson/stewart/wyness especially the first two

John - just curious - did you ever play at Grant Street Park, Telford Street or Kingsmills Park in a friendly or a scottish cup tie when you were a player - and if so what were your memories of playing against Highland League teams?

By the way Cheers for taking the time to answer these questions.... :rotflmao:

Hi Robbo,

I don't have any direct questions for you but really enjoy reading all the others, thank you for joining us on here and posting. Please don't be put off by the (in my opinion) ridiculous posts by 4-4-2 and Scarlet Pimple. I love your championing of the club on the radio, its really appreciated. I'm glad you've settled in the Highlands and whether or not you end up back at ICT in some form or another I hope you stay an ICT fan.

All the best.

thank you as said everyone is entotled to their opinion and i for one respect that

Hi John,

Cheeky wee question for you, how come you don't get in trouble for being on the Internet during business hours? If I was to be caught spending company time playing on forums I'd be removing the Chief engineer's steel toecap from my rectal passage. :rotflmao:

John - just curious - did you ever play at Grant Street Park, Telford Street or Kingsmills Park in a friendly or a scottish cup tie when you were a player - and if so what were your memories of playing against Highland League teams?

By the way Cheers for taking the time to answer these questions.... :rotflmao:

yes have played at all 4 inverness grounds

memories

kingsmills scored a hat trick for scotland u17 v iceland in a 4-1 win and also a pre season game 2-2 when big leish was in charge

telford street a 2-0 defeat by a right good team inc urquhart etc pre season and a 7-2 win in john doc testimonial alex macdonald loved pre season in highlands as some strong teams 80-85

grant street again couple of heavy pre season wins i think 6-0 and 5-0 but good games

caledonian stadium think only one win scottish cup 2-1 but couple of heavy defeats 4-1 3-1 and a couple of really good games 2-1 to ict

so scored on 3 and a dodgy one ruled an og in one game that i did not get to have the clean sweep

Hi John,

Cheeky wee question for you, how come you don't get in trouble for being on the Internet during business hours? If I was to be caught spending company time playing on forums I'd be removing the Chief engineer's steel toecap from my rectal passage. :rotflmao:

today its lunch and are those two charachters showing your private fetish birdog??????

Hi John,

today its lunch and are those two charachters showing your private fetish birdog??????

LOL we are not allowed to discuss those topics on this board. :thumb04:

Robbo

Have you any thoughts on the current league set up?

I am of the opinion we should be looking to create a 16 team league that will offer more diversity to the fixture list. Any thoughts?

also a wee sneaky question:

What do you think is the most important attribute for someone to become a succesful football player?

Robbo

Have you any thoughts on the current league set up?

I am of the opinion we should be looking to create a 16 team league that will offer more diversity to the fixture list. Any thoughts?

also a wee sneaky question:

What do you think is the most important attribute for someone to become a succesful football player?

hi harry

i think it would be woth looking at the set up as i honestly beleive the 1st div teams need more of an incentive to become involved

yes i recon bigger league would benefit everyone maybe 14 teams split after playeing each other twice and then you would be left with 12 games after the split (38 in total) it could leave to the sceptics to say alot of meaningless games but in my opinion there would be less pressure on the teams in middle of table and allow them to develop more young local scots players into their side i would also like to see a 10 team spl 2 and have top up bottom down(spl) then see a play off similar to rugby league were 4th(livi) played away to 3rd(partic) winners would play away to 2nd(pars) winners would then travel to 2nd bottom of spl all one off games and keepin an interest at top and bottom of both leagues

attribute required dedication to be the best you can be add a sprinkling of skill fitness and your not far away