FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Away Support Today

Bronson

I was really impressed with the turn out today, such a pity we had to witness such a shambolic performance from the team. But all of our fans to travelled to that game today regardless of how far should give themselves a huge pat on the back.

It was refreshing too to witness the way the Falkirk stewards dealt with our fans, they even led the noisey rabble to a previously sectioned off area as they had ran out of seats where they were initially. None of the usual sit down or your out carry on.

Well done, pity we didn't have anything to shout about

Really fantastic turnout of fans this afternoon. I guessed about 600. The seating Falkirk FC had allocated for ICT fans was well under estimated. Pity the team didn't do anything on the park to reward our loyalty and commitment.

Butcher called us to arms. Such a pity his platoon took fright.

Well done to the Sesh for the noise. Shame the sound didn't motivate.

And if any player reads this I hope your ashamed of the crap you dished up. Our U-11's would have put you's to shame today.

Have to disagree regarding the stewards, they were complete and utter jobsworths. They moved everybody from the rear row, came back and moved everybody from the next row, then tried to move us all from the third back row. We resisted this third attempt and pointed out that we were not moving until they removed all the Falkirk fans from the same rows in their sections. They eventually left us in peace but this could have turned nasty with people being needlessly ejected. Half way through the first half, two more senior gentlemen sat quietly in the second back frow to my right and went unnoticed until the wee quine steward in the grossly oversized trousers and jacket was told to have them removed. Now these were a couple of guys, possibly in their sixties quietly eating their pies and drinking their coffee..............no hint of trouble, but common sense went out the window and they were moved elsewhere. Yes, I did notice they let the singers stand, that was a plus, but the herding around of the fans at the start took the edge off of the game for me, it smacked of the Highland clearances.

I thought 542 was the figure announced as well. Good touch to announce how many away fans have gone through the turnstiles, something all grounds should do, takes away the arguments regarding crowds etc. Like at ICT we could announce 68 Killie fans, or 81 Motherwell fans, might shut up some of their supporters who constantly slag off our poor away crowds, despite the fact we have to endure long journeys every other week.

Rant over............thats all.

I saw Barrowman staring at the crowd, and guessed something must've been said. No idea what though.

There was a similar situation at Hamilton a few weeks back with a couple of a$$holes in our support giving Blackie dogs abuse....

and that was before the game had even feckin started.

The words support and supporters are well abused. There are many who attend our games, and they become more in number each season, to shout abuse at members of the team they apparently "support".

Now that they've help get rid off their number one target they have to move on to someone else to "support".

Next time I see it I'm going to excercise my right to freedom of speech and tell the tw*ts what I think of them. This type of "supporter" with their "banners of encouragement" and "friendly" chants has been getting away with it for far too long. Time for others to say their piece.

Edited by Sorted

I felt the stewards did very well being civil and polite to us but they obviously had their instructions from some numpty who wasn't having to follow those instructions. They moved us into the third row from the back and we sat there happily for 10 mins till the game started, then they suddenly decided to clear that row too, even though they had put us there. So we refused as we had a good view of the game and didn't want to go away down the front.

Also we started off near the young lads - many older guys like us will usually join in the chants if we're nearby. So the place would probably have been rocking.

But when they moved all the young guys down the front they effectively divided the support - good tactic if they had been clever enough to do it deliberately. :rotflmao:

can anyone explain why you would move the support from the back row?is it unsafe?surely if the back row was unsafe the whole stand shouldnt be used!i can understand taking the flag down, it was hiding the advertising boards. But moving us to random seats in the crown separating us is bang out of order, with no good reason for doing so. F*** off falkirk, i hate you cheatin B*s*rds!

Guest CaleyJAGGIE

i witnessed that, a boy shouted barrowman your ***** and barrowman just stared at him the whole time he warmed up, then didn't warm up again

haha.

I think it was because away fans had been hammering on the box panels at the rear of the stand. Using them to create more noise.

Most of the panels were a bit battered and bent.

**** were shouting at Black at half time at Hamilton as well as the Brewsters gay chants. It doesn't take a high level of education to work out that helps no-one but the opposition. Same with shouting at Barroman yesterday. What is the advantage? There is no benefit, so why do it?

**** were shouting at Black at half time at Hamilton as well as the Brewsters gay chants. It doesn't take a high level of education to work out that helps no-one but the opposition. Same with shouting at Barroman yesterday. What is the advantage? There is no benefit, so why do it?

i kind of disagree , if a fan pays for a ticket and travels down to falkrik he has the right to tell someone like barrowman what the thinks of him . the guy is murder , possibly a lesson learnt from signing a 2nd division player as thats there barrowman belongs

Barrowman is **** but, it's hardly a confidence booster shouting abuse at a player in your own team. He is ****. Shouting it at him isn't going to change that.

Also, the ?21 is your fee to get into the game, not a right to shout at the players. That jsut lowers the chance of already pressured players, playing wee. We all knew Barrowman was **** before we traveled to Falkirk and bought a ticket.

Imrie came from the lower divisions, as did Tokley, Munro and Fraser. Some come off, and some don't.

Guest Muir-Jaggie

Fans pay to get to home and away games, fans buy the clubs home top and away tops and heaps of other stuff. They pay about ?20 a ticket for one game. The fans have every right to shout what they like at the players. At the end of the day its us paying there wages.

I also disagree that it entitles fans to shout what they like. It is in a public place and should be kept civil. I am no saint when shouting at players, but the abuse some of them get is nothing short of a criminal offence.

Your ticket entitles you to get into the ground and abide by any rules set within the Stadium.

Watch and encourage, it's called supporting.

Guest Muir-Jaggie

Imrie came from the lower divisions, as did Tokley, Munro and Fraser. Some come off, and some don't.

Tokely, Munro and Fraser played for the club in 3rd, 2nd, 1st division and now SPL (over all) so they've being with the club for a few years and played there hearts out to get where they are now

Imrie came from another club which was in the 1st division not 2nd like where barrowman came from. The only player i can think who came from a 2nd division team and has down well to fit in a SPL side is Morgaro Gomis (Dundee Utd)