Just Want To Play!

Joonya

Well, the new summer season in the Inverness and District League has started and already I'm cheesed off...

After being asked to play for my former club (Smithton Hotel) to help them with a promotion bid this season, I was left out of last nights fixture to discover some of the starting 11 only met the gaffer in the pub the night previous - talk about knowing when you're not wanted...

Anyway, does anyone on these forums know of any teams who may be needing players in the Inverness and District leagues? I just want to play!!!

It's been said before that people on these forums want to get a game going between ourselves, so if there is enough interest maybe we can investigate getting a team sorted for the winter league???

if there is enough interest in an 'Internutters FC' team then I will investigate how to go about getting a team together and how we enter the league...

Most of the teams aim so high they verge on unrealistic. and it's sad to see when you get so many people dropped because they just want to play... if that makes sense?

Having run a team in the amateur League for many years (when it was still affiliated to the SAFA), and a member of the local committee for about 3 or 4 years, I can tell you that the yearly running costs are substantial. You have park fees, referee fees as well as costs for transportation, strips, balls etc and of course the fines for misbehaviour/cards etc !!!! The first thing you will need is a sponsor or a 'pot' of money to get yourself through the first couple of years.

I know that all you want to do is play football - as will many people in your team - but don't even think of going into this without some financial plan or it will fail.

Not sure if they are still involved as I have been out of it for 6 years but a few names you might want to speak to would be these .....

• Ardersier FC - Mike Docherty. You might already know him as you live in the village.
  • Inverness Amateur League - George Davidson - head of the IDAFA for many years and even when I was on the committee, he was the driving force in organising everything and also in trying to stop the governing body (SAFA) from adding ridiculous new charges every year. He was still head a couple of years ago when the IDAFA split from the SAFA and affiliated with the Welfare mob. http://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/news/fu...ssociation.html. You can get George's contact details from this link http://www.hotfroguk.co.uk/Companies/Inver...all-Association (tell him I said hello :rotflmao: )
  • Inverness Amateur League (Harlequin) - David "Dougal" McDougall - Another stalwart of the IDAFA but according to the article above, he was thinking of forming a small league which would still be affiliated to the SAFA. Not sure if he succeeded.