FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The Youth System Update (merged)

caleyrule

I take that'll be Fraser's replacement signed then. I don't recollect much about Morrsion or Sutherland, but I do remember Allison quite well from a couple of reserve games, probably cause he wasn't very good.

Before we had a full-time U19 setup we were taking on the same number of young pros on 1st team contracts. When you consider the vast amount of money being spent and the fact that we are telling the majority of the squad that they are not good enough the whole thing needs to be reviewed!

Before we had a full-time U19 setup we were taking on the same number of young pros on 1st team contracts. When you consider the vast amount of money being spent and the fact that we are telling the majority of the squad that they are not good enough the whole thing needs to be reviewed!

The only reason we had an U-19 team was because SPL rules dictated it. The two outfielders who have been offered contracts are deemed to be as good as, if not better than, Vigurs and Wood and will come in cheaper. The reason both those players have been let go has nothing to do with their skill or ability. Its more to do with finance. People can comment till the cows come home about the board and the club letting talent go but the bottom line is, if we are to survive and recuperate from our relegation, we need to take stock, cut cost and rebuild. Not too sure about giving Kyle a contract though. Nothing to do with his ability but more his injury and what effect that could have on his confidence in the future.

Not sure caleyboy, where your coming from about vast amounts of money being spent.

Shanes scoring record is pritty good and i saw Gav play against Clach once and he scored an awesome free-kick. Used to play with him in the BBs, great player.

The only reason we had an U-19 team was because SPL rules dictated it. The two outfielders who have been offered contracts are deemed to be as good as, if not better than, Vigurs and Wood and will come in cheaper. The reason both those players have been let go has nothing to do with their skill or ability. Its more to do with finance. People can comment till the cows come home about the board and the club letting talent go but the bottom line is, if we are to survive and recuperate from our relegation, we need to take stock, cut cost and rebuild. Not too sure about giving Kyle a contract though. Nothing to do with his ability but more his injury and what effect that could have on his confidence in the future.

Not sure caleyboy, where your coming from about vast amounts of money being spent.

In light of Vigurs and it being to do more with finances. Why offer contracts to Morais and McBain who would be on good money? One we were really gonna struggle to keep even if we did stay up and the other is approaching 35 and aside from an excellent work ethic isnt all that great. I think Butcher just didnt fancy Vigurs much as a player in either style or ability otherwise he would have featured more in the run in.

On the topic header. I've heard that Shane Sutherland is considered a good prospect.

Excuse the spelling or the in accurate name (try to make it out)

Scott Struan Woodhouse (i think)

has he been released because according to our programme, he was ment to be really good.

Announced on Radio Scotland on Friday that Danny MacDonald had either been made redundant or had resigned.

Alex: A major part of what I mean by "vast amounts of money".

Edited by caleyboy

He refused to take a pay cut so was let go.

Will probably take the club to industrial tribunal on basis of constructive dismissal

I'd say he has every right to if this is true, seen as he is probably the most q'd coach we have bar 1

Under-19 coach Alec Cleland and his assistant Scott Kellacher have left the club as part of the financial cuts being imposed as a consequence of the club dropping out of the SPL.

Between those 3 the club will save ?100k +

I believe we were very lucky to have Alec and I think if we want a pool of young players, he was the man to provide us with that. Sorry to see Scotty(kel) & Danny go too, both thoroughly decent guys with ICT at heart.

I am becoming quite concernd about the youth set up for next season

I believe we were very lucky to have Alec and I think if we want a pool of young players, he was the man to provide us with that. Sorry to see Scotty(kel) & Danny go too, both thoroughly decent guys with ICT at heart.

It costs money to run, money we dont have right now, and I agree its concerning that is going to waste but needs must for the moment, I'd have loved to see DM move up in to some kinda roll with the first team but then its all about the money!!!

It costs money to run, money we dont have right now, and I agree its concerning that is going to waste but needs must for the moment, I'd have loved to see DM move up in to some kinda roll with the first team but then its all about the money!!!

The club should being using the youth system alot more next season. Getting younger players up the ranks quicker. It would save the club alot of money if they used more young players.