FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Richard Hastings doing well.....

Scarlet Pimple

Weir , Manager of Hamilton Accies, is on the radio today singing the praises of Richard Hastings, That illustious Canadian who did a good job for Caley thistle for years.

Funny isn't it how ICT under a certain Manager did not favour him and he was let go when Weir says he "is doing a great job and is a true professional.I hear they let him wrap the red Canadian flag around his shoulders to kep warm on the bench. Adds a touch of class and colour to the proceedings methinks. :lol:

Anyway I saw him a couple of tims at Tulloch Stadium and was impressed by his work rate and non-flashy but effective play so...any comments? Bit of a terrier at times too.

Was it a mistake to let him go then? Conments....? :)

Who is this Weir you talk of . Last time I checked Billy Reid was the Hamilton manager .

I miss Hastings. He should have gone back into the team after Lionel was sent off against F**kirk in the cup.

The one game he played in the summer , against Montrose, he did well. I'm dissapointed that we let him go, especially for nowt.

Golly isn't bad but he will never sustain the pace as well as he did.

Two things used to frustrate the hell out of me with Hastings,

1. He was always getting caught out of position, forgetting he was a left back quite often.

2. His distribution was KAK, his trademark being a long floating pass to no-one in particular up front, either that or a cross to the back of the stand.

He reminded me of an athlete playing football, not a footballer fit enought to be an athlete.

Did Hastings ever let us down at critical moments? Any red cards?

Can't remember.

I thought he was helluva impulsive and gave away a few spot kicks, like the one at Killie in the Cup replay.

Going back a bit, he got a red against Alloa away once for stamping on a boy when we were 4-0 up FFS.

But he had a stormer at centre half on 8/2/00.

• 4 weeks later...

I know that folk have said there there were reasons for Hastings leaving ICT, but the left back position seems to be the major weak link in the side at the moment whilst Hastings goes from strength to strength in the SPL for Hamilton. In the Sunday Times today the match report identified him as the star player in the match against St Johnstone. To rub salt into the win, Morais, who scored for the saints, was given the highest ratings for them. How we could do with the two of them still playing for us!