FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Richard Hastings doing well.....

Scarlet Pimple

Weir , Manager of Hamilton Accies, is on the radio today singing the praises of Richard Hastings, That illustious Canadian who did a good job for Caley thistle for years.

Funny isn't it how ICT under a certain Manager did not favour him and he was let go when Weir says he "is doing a great job and is a true professional.I hear they let him wrap the red Canadian flag around his shoulders to kep warm on the bench. Adds a touch of class and colour to the proceedings methinks. ;)

Anyway I saw him a couple of tims at Tulloch Stadium and was impressed by his work rate and non-flashy but effective play so...any comments? Bit of a terrier at times too.

Was it a mistake to let him go then? Conments....? :)

Well , you know, sometimes you just need to move on to pastures new.

A change is as good as a rest ?

If the Manager does not rate you or you don't like the Manager just go and try your luck. Life is short. And opportunities may not come around twice.

Any of you still of a mind to emigrate to Canada. Lots of opportuniuty here--ask Scotty, he done good don't you know! :D C,maaaaaaan! You know you can do it; it's all about taking that first step and after that you never look back.

:rolleyes::blink:

He's also been taking free kicks for them :lol:

I know he scored one for us a few years ago in a meaningless end of season game, but I think it took about 3 bounces and a couple of defelctions before trundling in.

Was that against Dunfermline?

Aye, i think it might have relegated them! What a sickener for them.

Yeah, their keeper put it through his own legs I think.

And then Rory scored a few minutes later.. You don't deserve to be in the SPL if that happens to ya.

Hastings was one of the most consistent players we ever had at the club and part of the best defence we've ever had:

Brown

Tokely Dods Munro Hastings

For whatever reason some of our fans never took to him but I can't honestly understand why.... should still be at the club and should have finished his career here. Shame

Kind of sickening to see him at Hamilton and if we hadn't won the last 2 games so convincingly I think a lot of our fans would be asking why we let him go.

Hastings was one of our best and most consistent players and I would certainly welcome him back.

A lot of our fans never forgave him for his brief spell with Ross County.

Didn't he initially join Hamilton on loan?

Good point Gary. I just had another look at your back line there and noticed Dods and realised I got myself in a complete muddle over the players and when they came into ICT.

My favourite backline would have been...

Brown

Tokely Munro Caff Golly

...from the days of the title winning SFL1 side. Of course Dods came in over the summer along with a returning Hastings, both signings which at the time didn't really get the fans excited, but what important players they turned out to be. Whilst I don't know the comparison between your favourite back line and mine I would say both are excellent ones but I must admit to having a preference to my one. Many memories of Golly and Tokely thundering down their respective flanks to support our marauding attack. Good times!

I think Hastings was (unfairly) criticised when Dods left and, until Mihadjuks (when Djebi-Zadi took over anyway), we had no central defender apart from Munro, who wasn't always at his best. I can remember Richard being roundly hammered on this forum for not covering the likes of Proctor well enough, even though that meant Hastings was doing both his job and a sweeper's. I never really understood the criticism.

A good full-back. Not eye-catching like Tokely or DZ but a lot safer. Virtually every goal we seem to lose towards the end of last season was down the left. Even when DZ was playing one of his good games, he was always liable to be exploited. Hastings didn't provide as much attack. Mainly that was due to him covering his lines. Y'know...a full-back's main priority...