FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Telford Street Rock Festival

String Driven Thing

Brinsley Schwartz

Black Widow

Savoy Brown

Taste (rory gallacher)

If, were they there?

Vodka took over............memory fading.....

Tear Gas (SAHB without Alex) were there and If were a definate! :mrgreen:

My Dad was in the pub last night , with TMFTJ who probably won't remember this, and they were told that a local band named Hot Cottage opened the festival.

By the way it was the first ever festival of it's kind in Scotland. The second was at Grangemouth, Did anyone else make the trip there ?

Yes I did remember, in fact I have more information - Lal one of the members of Hot Cottage actually sold me a wee birdie, he now breeds cockatiels and parrots. And, he now plays in a band called the healers and I saw them last night in the Room, still rocking strong.

So there :)

The Hebridean. Class. Tiniest bar downstairs which still had a pool table. Now the Shapla

The Crit. Always packed. Remember seeing the most drunk rubber man in there once. Staggered into the middle of the crowd which quickly cleared after he apparently farted. It was then obvious he had followed through. This guy then went to spark up a fag until someone shouted " Don't do that you'll explode" Cue this guy try to light his fag, in mouth, from arms length!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jlmacd

Don't know if any of these still exist (as I have been away from the town a long while) but:

The Black Bull

The Harbour Inn

Innes Street Bar

Royal Ordinance (on young street - I remember it becoming Inventions or Rumours or something late 70's ?)

The Courtyard

The Copper Kettle

Also, but the name escapes me, the wee boozer at the bottom of Grant Street on the corner next what was then Joe Corals, the bookies.

• 1 month later...

Don't know if any of these still exist (as I have been away from the town a long while) but:

The Black Bull

The Harbour Inn

Innes Street Bar

Royal Ordinance (on young street - I remember it becoming Inventions or Rumours or something late 70's ?)

The Courtyard

The Copper Kettle

Also, but the name escapes me, the wee boozer at the bottom of Grant Street on the corner next what was then Joe Corals, the bookies.

Black Bull - became the 'Waterfront'

Harbour Inn - ???

Innes Street Bar - I presume you mean the Innes Bar ? - Home of many ICT fans on matchdays

Royal Ordinance - became 'Reflections'

The Courtyard - ???

The Copper Kettle - ???

In Grant St the bars could have been the Argyll (nearest the Black Bridge) or the Lochiel (nearest the Clach Park). The Argyll was turned into housing years ago but the Lochiel was still around when I left Inverness, although it had been renamed the Bridge or something like that.

• 9 months later...

My drinking habits in the old days were...

Thurs. Haydens for promotional nite and then off to hayloft, or maybe Muirtown Hotel

Fri. 8-9 Columba Happy hr, 9-10 Hebridean Happy hour,  10 off to Dillies

Sat. In town for 11....wee wander round town and in eastgate for 12, drink till about 7. Off to crit for a few...haydens and then dillies

Sun. Ice rink and then about 9.........off to dillies