E-MAIL TO PHONES

Heilandee

Have recently set up my phone to recieve e-mail,but i notice it can be several hours after the home PC recieves it that it appears on the phone.Anyone know what dictates when it gets to your phone or why there's such a delay?,no big deal but interested to know as i thought they should recieve simultaneously .

Without knowing the phone and/or the email provider its hard to say but I know my phone (iPhone) can be set to manually retrieve mail (ie. when I tell it to), to receive mail on a schedule (fetch), or in the case of some accounts to have mail "pushed" out to it whenever it hits the server.

In my case, my Gmail account(s) are 'Fetch' and retrieve mail every 15 minutes, my main home email is Push so gets mail as soon as it hits the mail server and my work email (via an exchange server) is also push so actually hits it about 5 seconds before it hits my work PC !!!

I am guessing your email may be set to fetch with a long refresh delay. There is probably a setting in your phone where you can either switch it to push (if the mail system supports it) or adjust the interval time for each 'fetch' action.