FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Cheltenham

Canada Bob

Cheltenham kicks off today, anyone fancy owt ? I think Captain Cee Bee will take a lot of beating but I'll keep my powder dry and just sit back and watch them on the telly with a dram of Drambuie on hand.

Canada Bob.

PS... Yngwie, did you get my PM and the email ?

Hello Yngwie, I think yer right, must have got me wires crossed, someone sent me a PM asking about "tips" for the horses, told them that the only reliable tip is the one the Council uses, you've no chance following "tips". The only hope we have is to know someone in the know, and that's where Thirish Lad comes in handy. His family own a Hotel and a Golf Course in Galway, so the folks he gets to meet are owners, trainers and jockeys when they take time out there. Most of them are as tight as clams and wouldn't tell you the time of day, but the odd one will let you know when they have a horse that's a trier, they don't always win, but it's better to be on one that's trying than picking one out of the paper when you know nowt.

Anway, back to Cheltenham, I didn't want to get involved day to day, that can be costly, so I backed Ruby Walsh at 4/7 to 700 quid, won't win a fortune if he's the top jockey there, but 400 quid beats a kick in the b*llocks, and it's better to win a few hundred than lose money day after day just to have an interest in the races. I was going to have a saver on McCoy but I couldn't make a sensible bet backing him and Ruby, as McCoy was only 4/1, odd how they have both only had 1 winner each but Ruby is now 1/3 while McCoy is now 5/1 !!!

I'm leaving that as my only bet, but, I've marked my card as follows {just for the hell of it} today.

1:30. Any Currency.

2:05. Peddlers Cross.

2:40. Punchestown. {Nap}.

3:20. Kalahari King.

4:00. Quantitiveasing.

4:40. Notus de la Tour.

5:15. Drumbaloo.

That's it for me...

Canada Bob.