FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Childrens Panel/Childrens Hearings

maimie

The Childrens Hearing system are in the process of having a recruitment campaign just now and are looking for new members - especially male ones - all over Scotland.

Have a wee look at the website here

http://www.childrenshearingsscotland.gov.uk/recruitment.asp

and think about what you can give to help the children of our towns and cities.  It's not the easiest task in the world but can be rewarding.  The Hearing System is not just for young folk who offend but also seeks to protect those who have been offended against.

It won't take up a lot of your time though there is a wee bit of on-going training involved.  It is voluntary but in certain circumstances expenses can be claimed.

You don't need to be a parent, working or academically brilliant.  You don't need to be a certain age either but over 18.  The only qualification you need to have to be a panel member is to have been a child and have the best interests of children at heart.  As I said, there is a particular need for male members.  Each panel has 3 members and there must be at least on male and one female member (if that makes sense).  I've been a Panel member for about 14 years now so if you want to chat about it...

If anyone is interested there is an online form you can complete or you could contact Victoria on 01463 702150 who is the administrator who is co-ordinating the campaign in the Highlands.  Or feel free to give me a PM or phone me on 07720 433660.

Off the top of my head, I can think of 4 or 5 folk on this site who would make invaluable panel members and you know who you are....

Admin - any chance of a sticky and clickying the link??  TY

• 2 weeks later...