An overlooked reason for ICT to be optimistic

DJS

How many away league games have Dundee won this season?

They've played fourteen games and only won three. Yes, three. Eight draws and three losses.

So what are the chances of four straight away wins? Slight, but not impossible.

I'm hoping we can win the league before the last day of the season but I can see Dundee winning the rest of their games before they play us. They seem to have had a kick up the arse and they have to go for it now. Partick away is the toughest game they have left before playing us, so sat is probably the best chance for them to drop more points. I think we could do really do with a draw there as I have a feeling we won't beat QOS. Dundee though should, if they win on sat and not fall further behind, be able to beat Morton and a Raith team who will be playing 4 games a week.

A win on saturday for us would be huge!!

Edited by Joe DiMaggio

I think theres a lot of things to be optimistic about.

Highest goal scorers in the league, best defence in the league, best goalie, best away record,

We have the points on the board which is better that saying IF we win all our games in hand we will be in contention.

If you look at the potential of what the opposition might do, it is only that, so there is no need to feel any pressure.

As pointed out. On recent form Dundee have collapsed and are even worse away from home, with probably the most disgruntled fans in the league.

County seem to have lost their way since playing extra games each week and they still have to play 8 games in 22 days.

I think our fans will play a big part in this too, with the never say die attitude, ICT V Raith is a good example.

Regardless of the table I would like to see our undefeated record to continue for as long as possible and to beat Dundee on the last day of the season not through necessity but because we can.

I'm hoping we can win the league before the last day of the season but I can see Dundee winning the rest of their games before they play us. They seem to have had a kick up the arse and they have to go for it now. Partick away is the toughest game they have left before playing us, so sat is probably the best chance for them to drop more points. I think we could do really do with a draw there as I have a feeling we won't beat QOS. Dundee though should, if they win on sat and not fall further behind, be able to beat Morton and a Raith team who will be playing 4 games a week.

Since we drew with Dundee on the 6th of March they have only beaten the team who currently sit in the relegation play off spot, they have been beaten three times and drawn three times and you are classing a 3-0 victory over Ayr United as a return to form. I really pity some of our fans.

I mentioned their away form way back in February, and that they were heading for a totally gross inbalance of remaining games. However at that time we were ok to good away, but still struggling at home, although improving.

Lets not forget, its what we do not what others do for us.

But Ian McCall will be out to prove something at the weekend, Raith are cup semi finalists and dont have 4 games the week they play Dee. Very rare that a doudle header like that gives two wins to one team. Morton are scrapping for their lives and will probably feel more confident playing Dee than us. Then they have to beat us away to achieve their dream - think a full house at TCS and much improved home form may be of some use.

Dundee, County and Queens will still drop points, we possibly will too, but our guys have shown they have the bottle against Raith. Who would bet against ICT now. 7 points ahead, dont think Dundee will be up for the Partick game any where near as much as if we had lost on Tuesday. Think that would have knocked some of the stuffing out of them, but I dont hear the fat lady singing yet, but she's gargling to clear her voice

Since we drew with Dundee on the 6th of March they have only beaten the team who currently sit in the relegation play off spot, they have been beaten three times and drawn three times and you are classing a 3-0 victory over Ayr United as a return to form. I really pity some of our fans.

I like you. This is more like it.

It is a team we drew with at home not so long ago. Where did I say they are on a great run or that they have returned to form? Through out their bad run they were always still top of the league or in touching distance. Now it is now or never for them and they do seem to have had a kick up the arse and in their last couple of games they seem to have been playing a bit better. I do think that Partick is the best chance for them to drop points though as I feel they will beat Morton and Raith should they beat Partick!

We can't expect them to drop points and we need to go out believing Dundee will win every game so we need to do the same! A Partick win though would be great and would prob finish them off

While one win can hardly be called a return to form, I'm still concerned about that result. Given the run they were on prior to it, such a comfortable win suggests they've sorted a few things out. Dundee went on a great run before Christmas and they're definitely capable of doing so again. We have to keep winning.

saying all that, it was a win against one of the bottom teams, at home where they havent been that bad. But a win is a win, and they might carry some confidence from that to Firhill.

We need to take care of one game at a time.