FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Kenny Dalglish...

Johnboy

Really is an odd one. RH has had a torrid time, but what makes the board & fans think KD wil be the solution & saviour, all rosetinted glasses I think. Has been out of the game a long time and his last few anagerial ventures were hardly a resounding success, perhaps they would have been better sticking by RH til the summer and trying to get someone else in then or at least have a quality replacement now, this just smacks of desperation.

Really is an odd one. RH has had a torrid time, but what makes the board & fans think KD wil be the solution & saviour, all rosetinted glasses I think. Has been out of the game a long time and his last few managerial ventures were hardly a resounding success, perhaps they would have been better sticking by RH til the summer and trying to get someone else in then or at least have a quality replacement now, this just smacks of desperation.

I'm inclined to agree with that.

Liverpool fans are said to be having multiple orgasms over this because of his legendary status at Annfield. He was a fantastic player, and then player/manager in his day, but never quite rose to the same heights as a manager.

I think with Hodgson at Fulham, it was another case of an individual being suited to a Club. This would be my warning to Rooney, in case hes planning meandering off to pastures new. Sometimes its best to stick to what you know, especially if things are going good for you

Dissapointed Hodgson has left but i thought it would happen. He is a good manager but just didn't suit the club.

Not sure about Dalglish, if he works out then fine but to be honest i would prefer a more experienced manager, Rijkaard would have been my choice. Dalglish has been out of managment for too long.

Kenny couldn't have a more difficult start. Man U away tomorrow, Blackpool away midweek and the Merseyside derby.

Edited by ajsict92

Really is an odd one. RH has had a torrid time, but what makes the board & fans think KD wil be the solution & saviour, all rosetinted glasses I think. Has been out of the game a long time and his last few managerial ventures were hardly a resounding success, perhaps they would have been better sticking by RH til the summer and trying to get someone else in then or at least have a quality replacement now, this just smacks of desperation.

I'm inclined to agree with that.

Liverpool fans are said to be having multiple orgasms over this because of his legendary status at Annfield. He was a fantastic player, and then player/manager in his day, but never quite rose to the same heights as a manager.

He didn't do bad, he won the double in 1986 and then the title in 88 and 90 and the FA cup in 89. Technically he was player/manager but very rarely played towards the later years mentioned. Who knows what he could have achieved if English clubs were not banned from Europe. I don't know if he will be that successful this time round but anything is better than the last few months.

He didn't do bad, he won the double in 1986 and then the title in 88 and 90 and the FA cup in 89. Technically he was player/manager but very rarely played towards the later years mentioned. Who knows what he could have achieved if English clubs were not banned from Europe. I don't know if he will be that successful this time round but anything is better than the last few months.

True....

His appointment will certainly give today's clash with Man U an extra edge.