FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Facebook

GMD

Should the club maybe harness the power of Facebook to promote the club and try to recruit more fans and make people aware of games and such like?

i am sure they maybe have something in place now but putting events on etc. might be something.

• Agree 1

No IMO!! Waste of time and man power. Facebook has many caley fan sites that have the info available. I doubt having an official F/B would increase attendances, shirts sales or the popularity of the club.

Yes IMO!! Any promotion is good promotion and it's only a matter of time before they are on there anyway. There was probably a time when people were asking the same questions about the relevance of an official ICT site, online club shop or CTO... get with the times daddio

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

No IMO!! Waste of time and man power. Facebook has many caley fan sites that have the info available. I doubt having an official F/B would increase attendances, shirts sales or the popularity of the club.

Yes IMO!! Any promotion is good promotion and it's only a matter of time before they are on there anyway. There was probably a time when people were asking the same questions about the relevance of an official ICT site, online club shop or CTO... get with the times daddio

It's only a matter of time before facebook joins bebo and myspace in the social network scrap heap. It's getting hacked up to the max and the privacy is very poor. :tongue:

The website is usually quite slow in getting info up - is it because it costs the club a fair amoint to maintain? They could probably save some cash by ditching ICTFC.co.uk in terms of updates by going down the Facebook, twitter etc route.

Edited by Top Six Next Year

A few responses ......

The club do have an official facebook page (sorry cant post link as I cant access FB from work) and also an official twitter (@ICTFC). I know because I set them up for them. Neither are really used yet as the club are still working on their online offerings ... but they will be used ...

The usage will probably be in a similar manner to how we use them on this site ... Every article posted on the front page of this site is automatically posted to our Facebook and Twitter pages and also to a newsfeed within the forums with no manual intervention required. We can then manually add other items or comments to FB or Twitter but the stories just automagically appear :thumbup:

I would say 'bear with the club' on this one .... Based on comments from supporters, the online shop was priority #1 and as you know we worked with them to get that up and running before Christmas. The online videos were also high up on the wishlist and that came on stream at the same time. Overhauling the current website is also on the club agenda but the existing site, whilst perhaps not pretty is functional for now. As it stands, most information does go on the official site and the club now make a conscious effort to send press releases and other info to us here so we can also promote it.

Ryan: "feck's sake Granty, I've saved your win bonus for you again this week".

Jonny: "is it 20 mins gone yet? I feel a limp coming on"

I heard it called TwitFace the other day, which I thought was quite appropriate.

I heard it called TwitFace the other day, which I thought was quite appropriate.

It strikes me that a large slice of the human species has given up living in any meaningful sense of the word in favour of passing its existence tapping out self indulgent pontifications on such trivia as it still manages to indulge in and obsessively analysing what I believe is called its "status".

Edited by Charles Bannerman

It strikes me that a large slice of the human species has given up living in any meaningful sense of the word in favour of passing its existence tapping out self indulgent pontifications on such trivia as it still manages to indulge in and obsessively analysing what I believe is called its "status".

Yngwie likes this.

• Agree 1

We could also have LCD advertising boards at the side of the pitch for players Facebook updates.

Eric The Eel : "LOL, can't be arsed today"

Richie Bhoy : "Just put the boot in someone's bollox ROFL"

Russeldinhio : "Benched again, Eeeek!"

I just snorted coffee out my nose reading this . . . absolutely brilliant. Set the day up for a good start! twothumbsup.gif

Journalism?? :nanananana:

Cant believe some peeps have 400-500 'friends' though, :ponder: