FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The Buckie charity ride

davie

We all know that CTO users are generous, kind and unfailingly supportive of anything good, especially when there's a football twist to it. Here's your chance to prove it. ICT take on Buckie in a charity match on Tuesday 19th July to raise money for charities connected with Daniel Strong, their keeper's wee boy who has been as ill as it gets and coped amazingly. So your roving reporter has decided that I'll cycle to the game and you can sponsor me by the bucket load. You probably realise, with Livestrong etc, that cycling & charity go pretty well together. So leave your pledge on here so we know what we have donated in this thread and make good your pledge by donating your dosh at your bank, on line or by phone into the Daniel Strong Charity Bank Account that has been set up - Sort Code 800666 Account Number 06019486

It's 109 kilometers from stadium to stadium by the route I have planned and when you put in your pledge, have a guess how long it'll take me. To make it worthwhile i'll give the closest guess or two a lovely wee ICT related present for their efforts. So come on, get this thread filled up and let's show how generous CTO users and ICT fans can be. Oh aye, and if you see me on the road there, give me a toot.:ictscarf:

• Agree 2

stick me down for ?20 and i'll guess at around the 4.5 hour mark i have faith in you davie...nb. cash will come through on payday...need to make sure of a couple of things first hope thats ok

Davie. I spoke with Donald and we agreed that CTO will donate ?50 to the cause

we will go with a cycling time of 5hrs and 12 minutes (excluding breaks)

I will pledge a fiver and feel mean in doing so after all these very generous donations but I am a poor student and genuinely can't afford anymore. Also my smaller donation also means anyone else doesn't have to feel bad in pledging a lesser amount so come on guys lets get pledging and raise as much as possible.

I will go for a time of five hours, five minutes and five seconds to match my five pound pledge.

I'd also like to take this chance to congratulate you in doing this and wish you all the best.

Edited by ubern
  • Agree 2

Left Caley Stadium at 3.20pm, arrived Victoria Park 7.03pm. Total transit time 3hrs 43 minutes. Too knackered to post a full account but will do tomorrow. Thanks to everyone, yon wee Daniel's a lovely wee boy.

Edited by davie
  • Agree 1

Left Caley Stadium at 3.20pm, arrived Victoria Park 7.03pm. Total transit time 3hrs 43 minutes. Too knackered to post a full account but will do tomorrow. Thanks to everyone, yon wee Daniel's a lovely wee boy.

3 hoors 43 !! taks me near that to drive it some days if there's too many tractors aboot! Well done sir i doff my dark blue bunnet to ya, hope the wee guy gets a fair few quid in the account from yer efforts :twothumbsup:

Legs are a bit stiff this morning........Never mind. Left TCS at 3.20pm, under very grey skies (the same ones that have followed me round all holiday) that promptly emptied. Managed to confuse everyone by leaving the "wrong" way, but I was not going on the A9 on a bike. Not again. Went out through culloden and then down past Castle Stewart to Ardersier and on to Nairn. Then took the road through Kingsteps to Brodie and across the quagmire that passes for the cycle track to Forres. Down through Kinloss and acroos to Elgin via Lossie brae. Quick intake of breath and on to Fochabers on the A96 and thence to Buckie. Asked the chappie at the gate for the exact time - 7.03pm. Downed possibly the sweetest pint of cider of my 53 years in Buckie's very pleasant social club and went to the game. Met Caroline Strong and her wee boy, answered all the usual questions about the bike and watched the first half. Didn't expect that first goal at all, had to double take on it. There's ?165 pledged on this thread, and a few more quid that I know of that should take us to a total of ?250 or so. No bad really, the charities will be grateful for every penny they get in these tough times. Thanks to Scotty & Don for allowing this thread, to all of you who have donated and to Peter Paul for transporting my carcass back to Inverness.

The nearest guess on the time was TM4TJ at 4.15 (oh ye's of little faith!) and my pressie for him is a choice - a signed ICT shirt with signatures of the present team OR a signed fitba with signatures of the vintage ICT team that included Mann, Wilson, Robson etc. You could put it behind the bar in the Innes! PM me with your choice sir.

• Agree 5

Woohooooo

Cheers Davie, yer wee leggy's are hurting the noo, but ye will feel better for it at your age.

I thought you might average between 15-20mph but considering the weather and the length of your legs and a stop over for fish and chips I added on a bit extra, so well done you and well done me.

I'll prob go for a shirt, it's more visual. Speak to you soon.