FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Relocating to Inverness

Pele_Is_God

Thinking about taking the plunge and moving up to Inverness next year. I work within the NHS so I think I will be okay getting a transfer. What I need is a bit advice about the best area's to stay in. I will be renting at first and would hope to get something for around ?400 pcm. Any advice and tips would be greatly appreciated as I've never stayed anywhere but Edinburgh.

Er.. I wonder if IHE can help you? He works within the monolithic structure of the Health Service in the UK.Send him a PM or maybe , by now , he has sent you one himself.

Not to be facetious but , if you are single and are well qualified, I don't think that you would have the slightest difficulty in being fast-tracked into the Canadian Immigration system...worth a thought. Just be prepared to , again possibly, being sent anywhere they need a person when you get in the door.It would be well worth it though to get in here and get established.

My Doctor's office is staffed by South African Doctors.

Many nurses and healthcare vworkers here in British Columbia are going to the United States for higher wages and,posssibly, better working conditions. Interetsed I can try to help--PM me.

WORTH A THOUGHT.

S. P.

Pig

Workwise if you will be based at Raigmore hospital then the Wimpey scheme opposite the hospital is perfect for accomodation, no transport required and all private housing.

Drakies might be how it is described.

Drumossie avenue/Drakies avenue area

Drakies

Might be worth getting someone to send the courier to you occasionally as properties are listed for rent in it. Dunno about properties for rent on the intranet but the SHOW website lists all the jobs going. NHS Highland is cash strapped at the mo so not always a lot going but depends what you do. PM me if I can help.

There's http://hspc.co.uk/ but Courier's probably your best bet.

I lived in the nurses quarters for a time, ooh, over a decade ago. The Crown, Draikies, Inshes, Culcabock are all an easy commute and none terrifying places to live. Even Culduthel isn't too far - probably about the same time from Morningside to Waverley. Somewhere like Ardersier is nice and not too far, if you prefer village life.

In fact, I found, after coming from the Central Belt, that even the less appealing areas, like the Ferry and Culloden/Smithton etc were actually fine - the odd house/street perhaps to avoid but there's far worse in some of the better streets of Edinburgh. I can remember standing a short distance away from grazing horses in open grasslands, with the dolphins leaping about in the Moray Firth and views to the Black Isle, being told that this was the rough area. Sheez, try Ferguslie Park or Leith!

There's http://hspc.co.uk/ but Courier's probably your best bet.

I lived in the nurses quarters for a time, ooh, over a decade ago. The Crown, Draikies, Inshes, Culcabock are all an easy commute and none terrifying places to live. Even Culduthel isn't too far - probably about the same time from Morningside to Waverley. Somewhere like Ardersier is nice and not too far, if you prefer village life.

In fact, I found, after coming from the Central Belt, that even the less appealing areas, like the Ferry and Culloden/Smithton etc were actually fine - the odd house/street perhaps to avoid but there's far worse in some of the better streets of Edinburgh. I can remember standing a short distance away from grazing horses in open grasslands, with the dolphins leaping about in the Moray Firth and views to the Black Isle, being told that this was the rough area. Sheez, try Ferguslie Park or Leith!

You were obviously in The Ferry Point Area....which isnt so bad.....the South Kessock housing scheme itself, while not near as bad as once it was...is still as rough as any other scheme in Scotland. Full of headbangers...running battles in the street, Drink and Drug abuse, the odd murder etc

Edited by SMEE