FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The Moraig Macangus Memorial Trophy

MacAngus7

The squad is coming together nicely. We could still do with around 3 more players. County have a squad of 15, we have 12 confirmed but aiming to have 15.

We have folk that play amatuer football regularly, a couple of legends, and a few folk who don't play football often but are of a good fitness level like myself! All in all though, we have a good team assembling.

It's open to anyone of any ability...............

Edited by CapitalCaley

Im back from Australia the week before and am down at a weddin in stirling that weekend so id be well up for playing

Touch it. Diego's quarter about then as well. Diego dance. On the Bus!!

I'm on holiday then, I will also be up for it!!

i have no recolection of posting this!!

• Agree 1

Fans of Ross County and Inverness Caledonian Thistle, the SPL's most Northerly Clubs, are uniting for a charity match ahead of the start of the new season. Whilst you might not think it's unusual for local rivals to engage in a bit of pre-season banter, the twist here is that the match will take place almost 200 miles from either of the teams' stadiums.

Central belt based supporters of both clubs will get together at Toryglen Regional Football Centre in Glasgow on Sunday the 15th of July to compete for The Moraig MacAngus Memorial Trophy, named in honour of the organiser Roddy Gray's grandmother who passed away towards the end of County's title winning season.

Staggies fan Roddy's motivation behind organsiing the match was twofold - primarily to raise funds for the Progressive Supranuclear Palsy Association, but of course the chance to secure bragging rights prior to the first competitive derby between the Clubs was aslo a factor!

Kick off is at 20:00 and admission costs £3, with all proceeds going directly to the PSPA.

May the Best Team Win.

The Scottish Premier League has also donated the match ball for the game. We are still waiting on the SFA to get back to us about a Referee.

If there any Caley Fans based in the central belt free that night you should come down and cheer on the team.

Here is the link to the facebook event.

http://www.facebook.com/events/347077695...up_comment

Merged the topics guys to keep everything in the one place to save searching threads for the info.

Please use this topic for any further info regarding this.

Cheers.

Apparently Roddy the Organiser.. Is wondering if folk involved could be available next Friday for an 'Evening Times' photo, kitted out and all.

I have nothing Caley related to hand.. and well, as shamble-esque we may look against County fans, I'm down for it.

Im arranging a charity football between Central Belt Based Ross County and ICT Fans.

Im dire need of a Caley Team. If anyone is interested please pm me. Here is a wee blurb about the game.

Moraig MacAngus Memorial Trophy - Charity Football Game

Ross County Vs Inverness Caledonian Thistle Central Supporters Clubs.

With the Staggies' historical promotion to the Scottish Premier League, this will be the first time the two highland rivals will face each other in Scotland's top flight.

The two central Scotland supporters clubs have got together to face each other to see who gets the bragging rights before their teams face each other in the SPL.

The game will take place at the Toryglen Regional Football Centre Glasgow. Sunday the 15th of July

Kick Off 8pm

It is £3 entry.

All proceedings go to the Progressive Supranuclear Palsy Association.

http://www.pspeur.org/

Apparently Roddy the Organiser.. Is wondering if folk involved could be available next Friday for an 'Evening Times' photo, kitted out and all.

I have nothing Caley related to hand.. and well, as shamble-esque we may look against County fans, I'm down for it.

I was about to locate the e-mail sent out by Capital and perhaps see when the Inverness based ICT players were free for a kick-about.

The reason for going to the times is get punters to go to the game. Won't be able to raise cash if nobody was there

Glad to see people made the effort to come along this morning and be more of a part of this event and show that we care about it just as mu...

Oh wait, you didn't.

I'll be playing in this game but people have to work dip **** so pipe down

• Agree 1

Glad to see people made the effort to come along this morning and be more of a part of this event and show that we care about it just as mu...

Oh wait, you didn't.

Would have maybe helped if some detail had been posted. i.e time, venue etc.

• Agree 1

Same tbh, I found out the night before (which then I thought I wouldn't make due to work) but then I had forgotten about so I thought it might have just been me.

We learned about this 2 weeks ago, just thought people would have piped up and said something before.

I mentioned this in am email about a week ago when I was asked about a photo and again I sent an email on Friday night (to the folk playing). But the photo was takig place in Glasgow so I wasn't expecting many people to attend - I myself had to pull out at the last moinute due to work. If it was In Inverness, i'm sure we would have got more. Can't expect people to come down from Snecl for a feckin photo for the Evening Times in Glasgow!

Also, the reason it was not posted on here is because there is a mailing list for the guys playing, I was asked to ask people playing if they could be involved in a photo therefore I communicated via the mailing list. People have work and most live in the other side of the country FFS,so getting 1 person was a success IMHO.

Edited by CapitalCaley