SPL Misson Statement

Council Juice

http://www.scotprem.com/content/default.asp?page=s32

"Build a league competition with standing and recognition throughout Europe" - Well they've completed this. EVERYONE in Europe now knows about the SPL and what a laughing stock it has become.

"Represent and safeguard the interests of its members" - Some would argue that they are, given their statements. But general statements of all the other clubs being reliant on the inclusion of another for survival could also be seen as quite damaging remarks and scare off investors in an otherwise doomed league.

"Modernise the league structure and support system" - Don'y quite know why this is there to be honest. Modernise the league structure? Where about? And as for making improvements to the support system... well.

"Maximise the commercial value of Scottish Premier League football by fully exploiting commercial rights and properties" - Should read, "make the league reliant on having 2 members in it to get top dollar and allow the commercial backing to leave if this is not the case." Some cynics might suspect they knew these events would transpire a fair time ago and that putting in such a clause may pressure teams into certain commercially based decisions.

"Organise a league competition, adhering to rules and regulations set down by the governing bodies of the game and - encouraging attractive and entertaining football" - Well it would help if the league had rules in place to cover certain eventualities within their own body WHILST adhering to the rules of the governing body without the clubs having to vote on everything.

"Provide leadership in the development of key initiatives to improve the quality of the game in Scotland, particularly youth development, and to set a pace and direction for the whole of Scottish football" Provide leadership? Are you joking me? See Steven Pressleys comments to the press. Direction for the WHOLE of Scottish football? Tomorrow 29 SFL clubs are to vote on a matter that could one way or another plunge Scottish football into the abyss. Ok, well if thats the direction for the WHOLE of Scottish football...

"Liaise with other organisations to ensure effective co-ordination between the Scottish Premier League and other football organisations across the country and across the borders." Well, again giving the whole passing the buck of recent events and the only co-ordinating with the SFA being that sporting integrity is less important than commercial gain then I'm inclined to once again feel that the final mission point has not really been met.

I'm sorry to say, but from my point of view those at the SPL have well and truly failed every club, including ICT that currently competes in the SPL and the REST of Scottish football too. Great job!

Going by this I wouldn't mind seeing some resignations at some point, but we all know it shall never happen.

• Agree 3

Sneak the team formerly known as Rangers into the SFL First Division.

Bully the SFL into submitting to a submission takeover a fair and structured amalgamation.

Creep to the fat cats in the SFA to ensure their corruptness independent monitoring.

Make Ross County play all their games on the Sabbath

• Agree 1