FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Two Leagues of 12 it is then......

CaleyD

Doncaster also opined thet "we are aware of the  fans' wish to redistribute income more equitably" or words to that effect.

If all the income was distributed more equally then the need for clubs to nearly bankrupt themselves trying to comply with the rules would change  and there would be a resurgence of spirit within all of these clubs, some of which have a reputation as past greats and have been in existence for a very long time.

e.g East Fife--can you imagine  them coping with the extra financial demands imposed by these rules  when their average gate is 500 or so?

Whether that will ever happen is definitley questionable I think. But if he is aware of this yearning why is there no mention of it in this draft of future plans--apparently? Without this the statement is relatively meaningless.

What we talk about in this thread is the SPL plan. I can't see the SFL agreeing with it, so it won't happen.

What the SPL are proposing here is a plan which does not depend on acceptance by the SFL.  What will happen is that the SFL will be left with 18 registered teams and a decision on what to do to accommodate them.  IMO, they will have little/no option but to put a regional/pyramid system in place.

Not how I would like to have seen things progressing, and it would be nice if everyone could get around the table and leave self interest at the door but that is never going to happen and the only people (other than the SFA) in a position to push through change...even if not necessarily exactly the change we all want...are the SPL.

The only alternative is to do nothing and watch the game continue it's slow agonising demise.

I believe from what ive read the problem in germany is not because of 'standing' but because the Ultras are consistently using pyrotechniks. And the pyros that the germans use would put our smoke bomb to shame. They have flares, flare guns, flashbang, fireworks the lot and they send them off when and where they like often haulting games. In britain you have police, first aiders and stewards. In germany you have all that but also Firemen because of the constant threat of flares being thrown onto pitch or in the stands.

I get the feeling the authorities have had enough and are threatning taken away terraces if the ultras dont stop it. I dont think they genuinly want to take away terraces but are using it more of a bluff than anything!

Pyros have had a tradition in Germany and many other countries on the continent. There has never been an issue until some law and order politicians decided to make everything illegal in order to justify a return to pre-democratic times. Pyros are still legally used in other countries like e.g. Switzerland and don't cause any major problems. The demands of the police unions also include things like naked scans for anyone they don't like, something UNO has clearly marked and not compatible with basic human rights. And as I said, this whole thing is not about football, but much more. Remember the 1930s...

There is a time and place for pyro, and unfortunately, unless it is done in a controlled fashion then there IS an issue.

I talk from experience here as one of the supporters groups that follows Toronto FC has a reputation for partaking in the odd bit of pyro, be it smoke bombs or flares and during the last game of the season against Montreal in October I was 2 rows behind and about 4 seats over from some bright sparks who decided it would be good to let off 3 smoke bombs in the stands simultaneously.

In a controlled environment, and with a proper product, you are correct in saying this would not be an issue, but when fans take it upon themselves to do this they invariably end up with products not designed for use in this manner. The smoke bombs at the TFC game were crazy. I don't have asthma, but even 3 hours later I was still suffering and it took 3 days for my vocal chords to recover from the smoke that passed down my throat into my lungs ... I was very close to going to the hospital to get checked out, but decided to take up a friend's offer of some medicinal Glenlivet instead .... it didnt really help, but for a while it felt like it did !

In previous seasons, we have seen flares in the stands and almost always, these are 'road flares' which burn at an incredible temperature and spit out residue that can instantly burn and scar a person for life rather than safer flares which can be used for pyro. As for Fireworks, just look at the stats after bonfire night from any year .....

The worst part of my pyro/flare experience is that TFC were initially not against the idea of "organised" pyro, but to satisfy Health and Safety regulations and to avert the risk of them being sued if someone was hurt, it would have to have been done officially and with the person responsible having obtained all the relevant certificates and permits ... This has nothing to do with being anti-democratic or quoshing someone's human rights, and everything to do with making sure the person who decides to let these things off is not putting their "human right" to do so above the human rights of the other 20,000 in the ground to be safe ! Needless to say, TFC are no longer interested in allowing fans to do this ... safely or otherwise !

This is the aftermath of the pyro - was way thicker just a few seconds earlier but I dont have a pic of that !

post-2-0-61715400-1354718177_thumb.jpg

This may seem daft but it worked for a cricket league I was involved with

two leagues of equal numbers could be 12

Lague A will play each other twice and would play the teams in league B once

League B would play each other twice and league A once ( you could reverse  home field advantage each year)

Making a 35  game season - Your points gained  only affect  to your own league

Top team in League B promoted and  last team in League A relegated.

It means that all clubs get at least one game against  the best sides.

The bottom two league B teams relegated. to league C -  Some sort of Conference system may be good for for the lower teams involving the Highland league , A true perimid system

Carlisle United should be invited to joint  League A