FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Moraig MacAngus Memorial Trophy 2013

MacAngus7

Remember folks the only way can make this a success if you come down to watch your team. Would be great to see a caley support down for this.

Should be a good turnout! Lots of folk will be there to see Red Card come on as a super sub.

• Agree 5

• 2 weeks later...

Reminder to all about tomorrows match.

I for one am really looking forward to this game. Last years clash was really good. Some excellent play from both sides with a little bit of niggle and banter thrown in, as you might expect.

Now this game is in the Highlands it'd be great to have a few more fans get behind their teams.

BRING IT ON

• Agree 1

Unfortunately, it's 2 from 2 for County as they secured a 3-1 victory today over us at Jubilee park.

With ourselves in control for the first 10 minutes, yet unable to create in the final third, it was County who went ahead through a superb strike across goal what seemed like a fair distance out.
Not long afterwards it was 2-0, as County started to get a little grip on proceedings. A little mix up at the back allowed their lad to smash home from about 10-yards giving our keeper little chance.
Opertunites to get back into the game were limited as again the final ball was either non existant or poorly presented. However, after a little trickery in the box and some great balance under pressure, it was 2-1 as James McMillan slotted under the County keeper with minutes to go before half time.
After the break, County looked good and created the better chances, however with 5 minutes of the half gone James McMillan was unable to get over his volley from a corner and could only hit his effort high over the bar.
Little seemed to happen for ICT fans after that, although a few juicy challenges had by now already started to emerge from both sets of fans, with the referee at one stage telling the County bench to substitute their man before he'd be shown a red!!

County secured the lead by piling on pressure following a small series of set pieces. Despite a couple of good challenges ICT couldnt clear their lines and 3-1 it was to remain.

An enjoyable afternoon I travelled through to Dingwall on the train had a nice bar meal in the Mallard and a few pints before and after the game so not long back in the door

I know the result wasn't really that important but I thought it was fairly competitive and there were certainly some good players on show from both sets of fans

ICT just lacked that bit of quality up front, it looked like at times we were playing with only one up front (number 15), what a mare he had but in his defence it's not easy playing that role in the modern game

Dougal

I only caught the last half hour, looks like I missed most of the tasty challenges (and all of the goals) but it seemed like the RC players were a bit more familiar with each other.

Was it not difficult with both teams wearing their home strips Rob? Pretty similar imo. 

Anyway if I use the upcoming year to train and get fit it will be game changer for the next match if I can get involved. :rotflmao:  :rotflmao:  :rotflmao:  

We started the game with one up top (myself, 9) with Colin Clellend (10) playing just behind. This seemed to work well initially, especially with RossP on the left and James Mc on the right.
Because it was rolling subs, I came off for Davie (15) with about 15 to go int he first half, and replaced him again with 30 to go. The idea here being to keep the same formation and shape without burning ourselves out.
Unfortunately neither of us were able to get too involved as the final ball lacked somewhat. Quicker deliveries into the box or an extra pass hear or there to set us through may have made a difference but who knows.

I dont think the kits clashing played any role to be fair, but agree it looked like the county fans were more familiar with eachother.

I think the majority of their squad of 18/19? played in last years game, where as we had just 5 faces in a squad of 14 that appeared the last time we played.

It was a little disappointing to see the County players going down easy and will say the ref seemed too lenient with them at times. To tell the bench to make a sub instead of sending the lad off was a little strange.

Either way, the result is the result. We'll take it on the chin, dust down, and look forward to regrouping for next year.

• Agree 1