FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Favourite Scottish song/band.................

Guest Lauraloos

Guest Lauraloos

well people, whats ur fave scottish song or band? I like Deacon Blue, mainly because I fancy Ricky Ross, and I also like Simple Minds.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lauraloos

Remind me to stay away from Australia...  :017:  Appropriate choice for Laura - Simple Minds... :015:

For me ? Stealers Wheel...  Can anyone else go back that far?

Gotta be one of three for me.

BIG COUNTRY (Class upgrade to The Skids)

the SKIDS (The best thing to come out of Dunfirmline)

SIMPLE MINDS IN THE 80'S ( Love to have seen them at Barrowlands)

Still regularly listen to Big Country/skids stuff theres some excellant tracks that i would play prior to ICT comming onto the pitch....rouse um up a little.

Rod could drink a pint of McEwans Export, Gringo, and his parents were Scottish.... That's good enough for us....!!!  :005: :003:

Can I be Scottish too - I drink your Whisky...  :004: :005: :001:

Yeah...no problem Gringo mate.... just send me a tenner and I'll give you a free lifetime's membership to JB's "Friends of Scotland Society".....  Membership entitles you to buy drinks for Scots people anytime you visit this area.....!!  :003: :004: :003:

....but when I try to buy you drinks most of you guys wont let me.... :004: :023:

Anyway...back to the thread...

I'd go with Simple Minds in the 80's, Big Country, Runrig and, for today, Peatbog Faeries.

Guest Lauraloos

Wonderland is my favourite Big Country Song,

we will be in wonderland.........i am an honest man, I am in love with you........

Think mine might be a bit random, perhaps even too contemporary for this thread by the looks of things...!!

Mogwai

Arab Strap

Jesus and the Mary Chain

Stapleton

Macrocosmica

Eska

Simplestorm

Death in Vegas

Laeto

Idlewild

Desalvo

Aereogramme

Metronomes

Dananananaykroyd

100 best Scottish albums (according to the Scotsman in 2003)

No 01-25 : http://news.scotsman.com/topics.cfm?tid=10...p;id=1145212003

No 26-50 : http://news.scotsman.com/topics.cfm?tid=10...p;id=1145202003

No 51-75 : http://news.scotsman.com/topics.cfm?tid=10...p;id=1145132003

No 76-100 : http://news.scotsman.com/topics.cfm?tid=10...p;id=1145062003

surprised no-one has mentioned Ultravox, Annnie Lennox, Texas, Orange Juice, Bluebells, Aztec Camera yet .......

Think mine might be a bit random, perhaps even too contemporary for this thread by the looks of things...!!

Mogwai

Arab Strap

Jesus and the Mary Chain

Stapleton

Macrocosmica

Eska

Simplestorm

Death in Vegas

Laeto

Idlewild

Desalvo

Aereogramme

Metronomes

Dananananaykroyd

Who....??....??....??....??

I will admit all the above have one thing in common for me..... :017:

what about Nazareth and of course nobody has yet mentioned probably the biggest band to come out of Scotland The Bay City Rollers, I even had a texan shirt and trousers with tartan down the side Cool or what? :023: Although thankfully I wasn,t quite stupid enough to wear them to Millburn, wouldn't have gone well with my prefects blazer .

Add Boards of Canada to my list

“ A lot of the synthetic-sounding things you hear are actually recordings of us playing other instruments, pianos, flutes or twanging guitar strings or field sounds we get from walking around with portable tape recorders, like electronic beeps in shops, or vehicles, then they are mangled beyond recognition. We have an arsenal of old hi-fi tricks up our sleeves and we basically destroy the sounds until they're really lovely and f#cked up. So we're using sounds that are totally our own thing

– Michael Sandison, [HMV magazine] [5]

They sound irresistable..... :024:

Didn't realise Death In Vegas were Scottish! They're good too. Good memories of listening to them while driving to Vegas in winter time. But, despite their 'twee' image, I'd say that the Proclaimers are one of the best songwriters to come out of Scotland ever.