FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

manager of the month, january

davie

Disaster!! Why could it not have been yon Celtic Manager? St Mirren have not won at home all season and will think 'the curse' will hit ICT again.

Good point, well made! Delighted for JH and very well-deserved, but the hoodoo around these awards is unnerving!

Didn't Yogi previously win the monthly award and then the following month we were still winning games? I think Sneckboy mentioned it in another thread.

Happy for Yogi to win the award - throughly deserved!

Thanks to the search facility, I located that post I'd made about the perceived 'curse'!

Posted 26 January 2015 - 05:55 AM

Hughes won MotM in August and we didn't exactly have a bad September. This "curse" is a myth.

We lost 3 of the 4 games we played in September including going out of the League Cup! That was after a run of 4-1-0 in the previous 5 games that effectively won the award.

Bizarrely, the exact same fate happened last season when we started 4-1-0 which saw Butcher get the August award. We then lost 3 of the next 4!

And the August before that, County started their first 'SPL' campaign and got through the month unbeaten to extend their run to over a year and 38 matches without defeat.

Derek Adams award preceded the inevitable start of a losing run in the very next game!

To be fair, there are probably countless examples of teams continuing their good form after getting the award - but that doesn't make for a good story!

Edited by Sneckboy